Is This a Bug? 2nd Slot Memory Card Always Mounted

AtomicShroom

Is This a Bug? 2nd Slot Memory Card Always Mounted

Unread post by AtomicShroom »

I mounted a Memory Card to the 2nd slot while in the Bios memory card manager, and now it appears mounted at all times whenever I start the core, even though there is no such "Automount" option for slot 2 as there is for slot 1. So I'm not sure why it's mounting that Memory Card every time by default? Is this a bug? If not, then how can I unmount it?

This information appears to be saved in the "PSX.s3" file in the config directory. So I assume this is intended for the bios?
AtomicShroom

Re: Is This a Bug? 2nd Slot Memory Card Always Mounted

Unread post by AtomicShroom »

Deleted the PSX.s3 file and that stopped it from being mounted by default. In case anyone would wonder.
gamesfan

Unread post by gamesfan »

It is my understanding this is normal.
the core (like others) will autocreate an MCD\SAV file for each game when you go to save, it will be named the same as the ROM. This works for all games that are not multidisc.
Slot 2 will mount the last card that was mounted always.. Regardless of game, so you could share that memory card between multidisc games or from the memory card manager in the bios to transfer saves.
Flandango
Core Developer

Unread post by Flandango »

You can unmounted the 2nd slot any any time by using the backspace key or holding B button then pressing the A button.
goodmaki

Unread post by goodmaki »

gamesfan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:05 pm the core (like others) will autocreate an MCD\SAV file for each game when you go to save, it will be named the same as the ROM.
I'd like to clarify that the auto-mounted save files are not named after the ROM you're using, but are named after the parent directory where the ROM is located. If, say, you launch a ROM stored as a .chd file in the /games/PSX/ directory, the auto-mounted memory card will be named PSX.