Jaguar Controller with Daptor

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
lomdar67

Jaguar Controller with Daptor

Unread post by lomdar67 »

Hello,

I think a Jaguar controller would be a great „modern“ input device for console cores with numeric keypad like Intellivision.

There is a USB adapter for the Jaguar controller: http://www.2600-daptor.com/Jaguar-daptor.htm

I talked to Tom, the developer of the adapter and he doesn’t have any feedback if the adapter works with Mister.
As the adapter is a USB Hid device it should basically work. But according to Tom, Mister has a limited input mapping which could be problematic.

I was wondering if someone has tried such an adapter with Mister.

Best regards,
Michael
We raise hopes here...until they're old enough to fend for themselves.
--Mike Callahan
MammonMachiner

Re: Jaguar Controller with Daptor

Unread post by MammonMachiner »

Yep, I can confirm that this works. I haven't used it much yet, and as I recall it took a bit of trial and error to figure out how to get it to work, but it's been flawless so far.

Edit: For the record, I was able to map every single button when I tested it on the Coleco core.
ZForceFFC

Re: Jaguar Controller with Daptor

Unread post by ZForceFFC »

How were you able to map the keypad buttons. I just got a controller and adaptor and it won't let me map the "Up" function sometimes and also some of the keypad buttons. It's almost like they're already assigned to other functions.