MiSTer shared folder for the Amiga

Caldor
Top Contributor

MiSTer shared folder for the Amiga

Unread post by Caldor »

It seems to work really well so far. Being able to launch apps on it and such. But I have run into a problem with it. I have tried using it for CD32 savegames, by using CD32 emulator boot disks on this core, making it part of the boot to mount the shared folder, create a folder there if it does not exist and save the games to this folder.

Which actually works, the games save fine, and you can also see the savegames again when you load up the game again. But when loading the games, it fails. In UFO Enemy Unknown you have 3 bases and what seems to be max amount of ships and marines... but the time is year 0, hour 0, the amount of money is 0, the bases all have an elevator as all the rooms... so its like it has read out all 0s. The bases are also in the center of the North Pole.

In Syndicate its the same, but you can make several save games. It remembers what save slots you used. But when you load a savegame, it just does not do anything. It will just be the same game as before you loaded as far as I can tell. But saving works. I can see the save files having been created and that f.ex. if I name a company something I can find that name in the save file.

So anyone got some ideas what file properties might be missing when using the shared folder to store these savegames? It works when they are stored on a floppy.

The MiSTerFileSystem is open source, so changes could be made to it I think that might fix this, and I should be able to make some changes to it myself I think, but first I need some idea of what the issue might be.