No Notifications Since 2022/06/06 [Solved]

Discussion about the MiSTer forum, suggestions and queries related to the forum.
RealLarry
Top Contributor

No Notifications Since 2022/06/06 [Solved]

Unread post by RealLarry »

Notifications are normally sent from:

forumadd.png
forumadd.png (10.34 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

Means sent via Google Mail. But since Monday I never got any notification by mail for PMs nor thread quotes or replys.

Google, in parallel, seems to began working on their mailservers as my wifes gmail account refuses to work to one day, continue to work the other day, sometimes with a different configuration (encryption etc) and so on.

Anyone here who got notifications the last days?

And no, this not related to any SPAM action on my site...I'm driving my own mailserver and there's not even one entry with a try to contact me from the above.

Contributor of tty2oled, author of tty2tft, tty2rpi and update_tty2xxx
Xbytez
Site Admin

Re: No Notifications Since 2022/06/06 [Solved]

Unread post by Xbytez »

Thanks for the heads up, I last received an email notification on the 7th June, however after some investigation it seems from the 8th June Google changed the method for accessing their SMTP servers, you now are required to use 2FA with an 'App password', as such settings have been updated.
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Aah, I see - and I've got the notification for your reply :)
Thanks mate!
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Never used notifications myself.
I have an pinned tab open on this forum all the time and just use "unread posts" that you can find under quick links up to the left.
Then i open all "new" links in new tabs and click the mark all read link on the top right (but a bit lower then the quick links) so next time i only get new posts showing up.
RealLarry
Top Contributor

grizzly wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:06 am Never used notifications myself.
I have an pinned tab open on this forum all the time and just use "unread posts" that you can find under quick links up to the left.
Then i open all "new" links in new tabs and click the mark all read link on the top right (but a bit lower then the quick links) so next time i only get new posts showing up.
Like most users do, it seems, and obviously nobody noticed it either :) That's totally okay and understandable, but other users (like me) are using a dual desktop, are working and developing with dozens of windows and tasks and can't keep an open eye to a browser's tab (which already might hidden behind an IDE). I can't live without notifications.