MT32Pi Lite & Thick Cases

KnightNZ

MT32Pi Lite & Thick Cases

Unread post by KnightNZ »

Just as a FYI - if you have one of the acrylic cases of the sort that https://misterfpga.co.uk sell, then the mt32-pi lite will not fit. The casing is too thick and the connector doesn't reach.

If you only have the top/bottom plates, then you're fine.

I hadn't considered this, and discovered the hard way.

I managed to get it to just work by removing the rubber backing and angling it in slightly, it's not a solution I'm happy with so might end up removing that side of the casing just so I can fit it properly, the mt32pi-lite covers enough of the side that chances of anything finding its way in aren't too high.

DevilHunterWolf

Re: MT32Pi Lite & Thick Cases

Unread post by DevilHunterWolf »

If you have the super short USB extension cable that tends to be offered with SNAC adapters, that should work as well for the MT32-pi Lite. I can at least confirm it works from my own testing so it should be the same for everyone else. Anything longer will run into similar connectivity issues that SNAC does with longer extensions.

In theory, it could be run with a longer cable if you power the Pi Zero 2 separately. At least, that's possible with full size MT32-Pi devices. Just know that the power will feed back into the MiSTer's User IO port so I don't know if it's recommended with a MT32-Pi hat without a dedicated power switch to toggle that (such as the Pi hat that https://misterfpga.co.uk sells).

annette

Re: MT32Pi Lite & Thick Cases

Unread post by annette »

Just build the mt32-pi like on wiki page. no need for added thick 3d printed backplate on plexi case. only use flat thin head bolts.

FPka3jhWUAgTtYn.jpg
FPka3jhWUAgTtYn.jpg (418.62 KiB) Viewed 867 times