eXo/Flynn Top 300 DOS Pack Updates (Updated to 2.0.2 MyMenu) and Support

Karmeck

Re: eXo/Flynn Top 300 DOS Pack Updates (Updated to 2.0.2 MyMenu) and Support

Unread post by Karmeck »

trying to play Tyrian, I'm experiencing slowdowns and speed up. Clouds slow down the game. watching the YouTube configuration video, there was no issue with the game.
Krakout

Unread post by Krakout »

Karmeck wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:23 pm
Manage to get the game running with sound. :D

Befor crating an iso, you need to edit game.ini to day D:\ instead of C:\, or the game won't work. I tried to set this patch to where the game was copied, with the data file, still did not work. Needs to be D:\

I used imgburn to crate an iso (could not get floppy to work)
I copied it as a folder on the disk, not the files directly on the disk, when adding just one folder, it will ask if you want to add the files directly instead, don't do this. Press no.

This is why

Move the iso file to mister and mount it.

Start top 300 pack, once inside the game list, press esc. We are now at the prompt.

We are now going to use xcopy to copy the entire file of the Cd.

Use this command:

xcopy d:\*folder name* e:\games\-manuall\*chose a name*

You will be asked if path is a file or directory. Press D.

It will now copy the fileas. The data file (not needed when I think of it, this file will be read from the mounted iso file) is the biggest and the process will appear stuck when copying this file. Just wait.

Then just add the game inside the manual added games section.

As player one you use right controll to do magic.
Works flawlessly :) And much harder than I remembered it to be!
Karmeck

Unread post by Karmeck »

Krakout wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:47 am
Karmeck wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:23 pm

*rambling of a mad man*
Works flawlessly :) And much harder than I remembered it to be!
I made it harder.

Here is a 4 min video explain how to do it the easy way:
https://youtu.be/Q2BfBEmRakk

After that you can simply ftp files in. Still need to move them from the shared folder though. According to the video.
Krakout

Unread post by Krakout »

No no, I meant the *game* is harder than I remembered it to be, not the process!

I also took the opportunity to install NC :)
akugou

Unread post by akugou »

Greetings!

I'm trying to get the update to work after installing the initial pack from archive.org.
Copied the ini and sh file to the scripts and changed the ini file to the right directory /media/usb1/games/AO486 but once i run the script i get the following error message:

/media/fat/scripts/ao486_update_top300_pack.sh: line 1: {rtf1ansiansicpg1252cocoartf1348cocoasubrtf170: command not found
/media/fat/scripts/ao486_update_top300_pack.sh: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token '}'
/media/fat/scripts/ao486_update_top300_pack.sh: line 2: '{/fonttbl/f0/froman/fcharset0 Times-roman;}

I only now realized that i still need to drop the entire folder "Top300_updates-main" somewhere... or at least that's what i'm guessing...
can someone explain this to me? I can't wait to finally see that 3 headed monkey again!!
Karmeck

Unread post by Karmeck »

akugou wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:36 am Greetings!

I'm trying to get the update to work after installing the initial pack from archive.org.
Copied the ini and sh file to the scripts and changed the ini file to the right directory /media/usb1/games/AO486 but once i run the script i get the following error message:

/media/fat/scripts/ao486_update_top300_pack.sh: line 1: {rtf1ansiansicpg1252cocoartf1348cocoasubrtf170: command not found
/media/fat/scripts/ao486_update_top300_pack.sh: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token '}'
/media/fat/scripts/ao486_update_top300_pack.sh: line 2: '{/fonttbl/f0/froman/fcharset0 Times-roman;}

I only now realized that i still need to drop the entire folder "Top300_updates-main" somewhere... or at least that's what i'm guessing...
can someone explain this to me? I can't wait to finally see that 3 headed monkey again!!
Your path is to long.

Github says
/media/usb0

In your case that's /media/usb1

No more is needed as the update knows the rest of the path.
akugou

Unread post by akugou »

Thanks for the reply! I changed the ini file and still get the same errors -.-
Karmeck

Unread post by Karmeck »

akugou wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:29 am Thanks for the reply! I changed the ini file and still get the same errors -.-

Why is your path usb1 and not usb0?
akugou

Unread post by akugou »

isn't that depending on which usb port i choose?
Karmeck

Unread post by Karmeck »

akugou wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:08 am isn't that depending on which usb port i choose?

I dare say with confidence, that's not how it works. And I don't even use a USB drive.

I say change the path to /media/usb0
akugou

Unread post by akugou »

Changed it to /media/usb0

still get the same error messages -.-
Karmeck

Unread post by Karmeck »

akugou wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:23 am Changed it to /media/usb0

still get the same error messages -.-
Looking at what you wrote, that's not line one. I think there is somthing wrong with your script.
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Unread post by flynnsbit »

akugou wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:36 am Greetings!

It looks more like you didn't download the file right or you used ftp in ASCII mode to transfer it to your mister. Follow the instructions on the github to the letter.
akugou

Unread post by akugou »

Cheers, that'd exactly what i did... didn't understand that one could do it directly from the mister itself -.- Thanks so much for the explanation and the fine work! It's so valuable to have people like you making this possible! You're great! (metal slug style)
Mrhide

Unread post by Mrhide »

First post can't be elsewhere but here to thank @flynnsbit for the monumental work he has done with this pack.

Thank you for getting and keeping me interested enough to dig up my old windows 98 VHD with my *3l33t* Pcboard running in it....Reading and listening to your videos, I was able to boot it and everything is pretty much running, except the modems! ... I'll continue to read on that.

Again, big thumbs up for your work!
itsgettinglate@hotmail.com

Unread post by itsgettinglate@hotmail.com »

Does anyone have a quick guide to add to this pack, in desperate to add betrayal at krondor
Karmeck

Unread post by Karmeck »

itsgettinglate@hotmail.com wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:14 am Does anyone have a quick guide to add to this pack, in desperate to add betrayal at krondor

Post 2 on this page. Has an unnecessarily hard (but working) way to add games.
Shuffle7

Unread post by Shuffle7 »

IMG_1691[100].jpg
IMG_1691[100].jpg (7.22 MiB) Viewed 3348 times
Hi all, love this program. but recently started using it again. Every time I try to load up a game i get this message in the picture attached. I run this off external SSD. everything worked fine a few months back. I have one AO486 games folder, so no duplicate folders. Any ideas to this message obviously a path issue? p.s oddly a few games work beginning with A ? Like Arkanoid , strange
ryanvb

Unread post by ryanvb »

When I push CTRL+F, in the bottom right it shows 27 games marked "not working" after the latest pushed update. Does this match everyone else's experience?

The Archive.org page says "Update v.7.3 now uses ! and we are down to 20 games not working."

I thought there must be a problem with my install so I literally re-downloaded and re-updated everything in hopes of fixing those additional 7 games, but I'm still at 27 games marked not working after updating everything.

Any insights would be appreciated! Thanks.
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Your good. If you ran the updater script you will have the latest. I never went back to the archive page and updated working and not.

Make sure you have used the Top 300 update script on github to update the pack with all the changes over the years and you will be fully up to day. There are some pre-release updates that are bleeding edge out there, but if you want stability and max game compatibility I would stick with the full release version.
Shuffle7

Any clue to what I'm doing regarding the screen shot above a few posts ago, its very frustrating, Its pointing to archives etc... i run the updater script, that's looking at the right place. although there are errors/ I have got everything on my hard drive (all ao486 stuff) , nothing on the SD card. I cant get anything to run but it has worked before. I have all the folders etc under AO486, boot roms, cd folder , top 300 etc.
rustyprelude

Unread post by rustyprelude »

Hi, everyone.

I'm also trying to get the update to work after installing the initial pack from archive.org. The initial pack seems to work fine, but when I run the update script, I get this message:

/tmp/script: /media/fat/Scripts/A0486_Update_Top300_Pack.sh: /bin/bash/^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I'm using version "v.0.12" with no changes and no optional INI. The base path is set to media/fat, which should be correct as I'm using an SD card. I don't know where the /bin/bash/^M is coming from. I'm very confused. Thanks in advance for any help! :)
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

rustyprelude wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:35 am Hi, everyone.

I'm also trying to get the update to work after installing the initial pack from archive.org. The initial pack seems to work fine, but when I run the update script, I get this message:

/tmp/script: /media/fat/Scripts/A0486_Update_Top300_Pack.sh: /bin/bash/^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I'm using version "v.0.12" with no changes and no optional INI. The base path is set to media/fat, which should be correct as I'm using an SD card. I don't know where the /bin/bash/^M is coming from. I'm very confused. Thanks in advance for any help! :)
Did you open and save the script on windows? looks like your linefeeds got jacked between LF and CRLF. SSH to your mister and wget the script directly into your Scripts directory and run.
Shuffle7

Yes i have changed the script on Windows, because i changed the updater to look for the new hard drive. After that the updater works but the games will not run, thanks , i will try and figure out with what you have mentioned! oh just realised your response to another poster!! doh nevermind
rustyprelude

Unread post by rustyprelude »

flynnsbit wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:13 pm
rustyprelude wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:35 am Hi, everyone.

Did you open and save the script on windows? looks like your linefeeds got jacked between LF and CRLF. SSH to your mister and wget the script directly into your Scripts directory and run.
Yes, I opened and saved the script on windows, the copied it to the sd card. I'll try the wget method. Thanks!
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Shuffle7 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:57 pm Yes i have changed the script on Windows, because i changed the updater to look for the new hard drive. After that the updater works but the games will not run, thanks , i will try and figure out with what you have mentioned! oh just realised your response to another poster!! doh nevermind
But to answer your question, if the script ran successfully, and you have both IDE 0-0 and IDE 0-1 VHDs mounted in the right way, the pack should work out of the box.
Swainy

Unread post by Swainy »

Hi guys. I’ve got a problem, each time I run the core it automatically starts to load up Project X by Team 17 Software. What can I do to stop this?
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Swainy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:07 pm Hi guys. I’ve got a problem, each time I run the core it automatically starts to load up Project X by Team 17 Software. What can I do to stop this?
Project-X is setup to auto reboot the core and select the correct memory profile (EMM). If you are bouncing the core while in the game and not exiting the game back to dos like you should it won't ever set it self back. So exit the game gracefully instead of ctrl-alt-del or ctrl-alt-alt.
Swainy

Unread post by Swainy »

flynnsbit wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:11 pm
Swainy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:07 pm Hi guys. I’ve got a problem, each time I run the core it automatically starts to load up Project X by Team 17 Software. What can I do to stop this?
Project-X is setup to auto reboot the core and select the correct memory profile (EMM). If you are bouncing the core while in the game and not exiting the game back to dos like you should it won't ever set it self back. So exit the game gracefully instead of ctrl-alt-del or ctrl-alt-alt.
Cool, sorted. Thanks again!
Shuffle7

flynnsbit wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:23 pm
Shuffle7 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:57 pm Yes i have changed the script on Windows, because i changed the updater to look for the new hard drive. After that the updater works but the games will not run, thanks , i will try and figure out with what you have mentioned! oh just realised your response to another poster!! doh nevermind
But to answer your question, if the script ran successfully, and you have both IDE 0-0 and IDE 0-1 VHDs mounted in the right way, the pack should work out of the box.
Okay.. - thanks. Once i get it working will post again