SparcStation Core

jca
Top Contributor

Re: SparcStation Core

Unread post by jca »

It looks like it has been detected as a controller, not a mouse. I have a mouse and never saw the message you mentioned.
puu
Core Developer

Unread post by puu »

There is a bug in the initialization part of RTC.
There is no "minute" setting in ts_rtc.vhd.
Substitution to mem_i is required near line 246.
Since the "minute" of the bit position of rtcinit is 13 down to 8, further digits need to be shifted by 8 bits.
Also, when the "second" counter advances, cpt_ * will initialize it based on mem_ *, so cpt_ * also needs to be assigned from rtcinit at the timing of rtcset = 1.
Since rtcinit is generated by ss_core.vhd, it is necessary to increase the amount of "minutes" in this part as well. However, since the bit arrangement of rtcinit and rtc input below "year" is the same, it seems that there is no problem even if the "second" to "year" parts are continuously assigned.
thisisamigaspeaking

Unread post by thisisamigaspeaking »

Amazing, thanks!
Eisengrim

Unread post by Eisengrim »

I'd like to get this core running but am not having any luck. My MiSTer recognizes the ss5.rbf, and I have rh.raw in Games/SparcStation. The screen I get on boot is an OpenBios screen that says Trying disk:a... then Trying disk... then "No valid state has been set by load or init-program".
In the OSD menu SCSI: is set to Image. HD *.RAW is blank. When I select rh.raw in the MiSTer menu it doesn't populate in the menu like other disk images do in other cores - HD *.RAW remains blank. I put boot.rom in BIOS/SparcStation and it's selectable when renamed to BIOS.rom.
If I use the RESET menu option it just goes through trying disks again.
Can anyone help?

Eisengrim

Unread post by Eisengrim »

thera34 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:21 pm
jca wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:00 pm

So far I have been unable to boot anything, I always get "No valid state has been set by load or init-program".
Before I give it a rest and finish my new MISTer setup I have a few question?
What is the version and date displayed by OpenBios? At this time I have 1.1 from 4/30/2020. At one time during my experiments I think I saw 1.4 but I am not sure.
So far it looks like only NeXTSTEP is able to run and may be Etch as per mapf.
For NeXTSTEP:
Which settings did you change in the OSD?
The note says to type -v at the boot menu. What does this mean? -v is not a command and boot -v gives the same error as mentioned previously.

If you get "No valid state message", mount a raw image and issue "boot" on the prompt

For NeXTSTEP
On OSD: L2TLB from ON to OFF and IOMMU rev from 26(Default) to 11(Next)
After that, loaded OpenBios v1.1, mounted next.raw and after few mins a message will appear to press "-v"
I hited that, and when prompted for a "Ctrl+C" for networking part, do so and it's good to go

This was helpful, thanks. I was choosing OSD RESET and that was doing nothing.

schlika

Unread post by schlika »

Hi All Sparc lovers !

I just re-setup my MiSTer (new 512Go sd !), and redownloaded latest SS5 + boot.rom files to my system.

SCSI is set to "Image", HD loads the correct raw image, settings according to .txt files (no trace of WB/AOW settings anymore apparently)

I cannot boot into any image ... I get the "No valid state has been set by load or init-program" error from the OpenBIOS prompt (v1.1 built on May 9 2022 23:06), SS5 core is v220604. It used to work fine before ... trying all boot disk / boot disk:a ... does not help ...

"dev /aliases .properties" looks ok ?

disk "/iommu/sbus/espdma/esp/sd@0,0"

Any idea ?

Thanks !

schlika

Unread post by schlika »

OK, answering to myself ... if that happens, go back to the core menu, re-"insert" the disk raw image, and type "boot" again (no reset) ... works now ;)

schlika wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:46 am

Hi All Sparc lovers !

I just re-setup my MiSTer (new 512Go sd !), and redownloaded latest SS5 + boot.rom files to my system.

SCSI is set to "Image", HD loads the correct raw image, settings according to .txt files (no trace of WB/AOW settings anymore apparently)

I cannot boot into any image ... I get the "No valid state has been set by load or init-program" error from the OpenBIOS prompt (v1.1 built on May 9 2022 23:06), SS5 core is v220604. It used to work fine before ... trying all boot disk / boot disk:a ... does not help ...

"dev /aliases .properties" looks ok ?

disk "/iommu/sbus/espdma/esp/sd@0,0"

Any idea ?

Thanks !