MiSTer LAN Ethernet No Connection After Idle

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Zarkov

MiSTer LAN Ethernet No Connection After Idle

Unread post by Zarkov »

Hi, I've got a weird issue with my network connection on my MiSTer.

I have it setup with a static ip.
When I turn on my mister and it boots up to the menu, sometimes after a few minutes idle, I cannot connect to it via Putty or SFTP with filezilla. But I can ping the mister's IP from my PC on my network.

If I power off the mister then back on and then quickly connect with filezilla it will work but, I have had it loose connection while it was in the middle of transferring files.

It's connected via Ethernet and I have tried swaping to a different port on my switch and Ethernet cable.

When this happens Putty gives me "network error:Connection refused".

It seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it will work fine for hours and I'll still be able to putty into it and sftp even while its running a core.
Elrinth

Re: MiSTer LAN Ethernet No Connection After Idle

Unread post by Elrinth »

I am having a similar problem. When I transfer alot of files via FTP to the MiSTer. Sometimes, the MiSTer will just HANG and the ftp stops working.

Clicking the reset button on the MiSTer makes the MiSTer & ftp come alive again.
Zarkov

Re: MiSTer LAN Ethernet No Connection After Idle

Unread post by Zarkov »

I think I fixed my issue. I had another device on my network using the same IP address apparently. After changing the IP on that device to a different one, its working as expected. *facepalm