Porting Mega65 to MiSTer?

Kitrinx
Core Developer

Re: Porting Mega65 to MiSTer?

Unread post by Kitrinx »

cptmadness wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:59 pm I made no such claim. The only thing I’m saying is that the information you’re going off is 5 years out of date, and sorg never said it couldn’t be done, just that it couldn’t be done at the time. As has happened time and time again, almost everything claimed to be “impossible” for MiSTer has appeared after some amount of time. I just find the constant naysaying to be draining and a weird and deeply entrenched negative aspect of the MiSTer community that has been shown to be ridiculous on many occasions, and yet it somehow persists.

You will be proven wrong on this at some time by someone, of that you can be absolutely certain.
Nah, most of the stuff people said was impossible was impossible. Most of the stuff people said is improbable is still not done (saturn). I think there is some fiction that people said things like SNES and PSX and GBA were "impossible". That never happened. People said Saturn was unlikely but unclear, and it still remains to be seen how it turns out.

Mega65 has problems with how it was made. It makes porting it an unreasonable task. If you think you can do better, go for it, but until there is some serious refactoring and cleanup in the original codebase it seems pretty unlikely to happen.
Grumpy-Old-Gamer

Re: Porting Mega65 to MiSTer?

Unread post by Grumpy-Old-Gamer »

M2fqkw5.png
M2fqkw5.png (84.93 KiB) Viewed 410 times