Jonah Lomu Rugby - Issues

Waterjump

Jonah Lomu Rugby - Issues

Unread post by Waterjump »

Jonah Lomu Rugby used to boot on previous official builds. No longer does. It's a PAL game.

There is a Japanese version called Great Rugby. It still boots ok.

There are control issues in the game. Both versions have it. I have tried multiple Bluetooth and wired controllers (ps3, PS4, ps classic, 8bitdo...) And made sure the mapping is correct.

You can't seem to make players leave the ruck (square) and enter the ruck (circle). The technique is to hold square while tapping circle. Basically anything that involves holding square while pressing another button doesn't work. Another example, in a lineout when you hold square and then press X to jump (this keeps a player lifted) it doesn't register either.

Could someone verify that this is the case not just for me? Understandably, it may take someone with experience playing the game on original hardware.

Would be keen to get this game working well. It's more than just a random sports game. There is a copy of it in Te Papa, the national museum of New Zealand. It carries a lot of cultural significance and is a great game to boot.
FPGAzumSpass
Core Developer

Re: Jonah Lomu Rugby - Issues

Unread post by FPGAzumSpass »

PAL Version works fine here with latest unstable.

Cannot say anything about the controller issues, however.
For me it plays ok, but i don't know the game.