RetroUSB USB to SNES Adapter Issue

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
WhiteHat94

RetroUSB USB to SNES Adapter Issue

Unread post by WhiteHat94 »

I have the RetroUSB USB to SNES adapter and it doesn't seem to play nice when an SSD is also plugged in. Doesn't seem to work at all when both are plugged in, but the adapter works fine when it's by itself. Other USB controllers work with the SSD plugged in. I have the Triad upgraded power supply so I don't think power is the issue.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with this adapter? Thinking about switching to the Raphnet one instead, since I really just like to use SNES for as many systems as possible.
DiamondDave

Re: RetroUSB USB to SNES Adapter Issue

Unread post by DiamondDave »

I have the same adapter and it only works if I have it, and possibly one other USB device, plugged into the USB hub at the same time.

I think it draws a lot of current or something, and doesn't play nice when it and multiple other USB devices are plugged into the MiSTer.
WhiteHat94

Re: RetroUSB USB to SNES Adapter Issue

Unread post by WhiteHat94 »

Okay, thanks, good to know at least someone else has had an issue. I think I will go for the Raphnet one and see how it works out, it's a more modern adapter so hopefully it plays nicer with everything else.