Weird Graphic Glitch

DaveGeorge

Weird Graphic Glitch

Unread post by DaveGeorge »

So ever since I updated from 22.05.02 to a newer version I tend to get som är weird graphical glitch when games charges screens. It’s especially noticable in Symphony Of The Night.

I remember someone on here having a similair problem, but I can’t find that post anymore.

Here is a short clip of what I mean:
https://www.veed.io/view/ab1ed9b7-40d1- ... idget=true

This does not ocurr with version 22.05.02.

Is this a known bug or am I just unlucky?
AngelicLiver

Re: Weird Graphic Glitch

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

DaveGeorge wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:25 pm So ever since I updated from 22.05.02 to a newer version I tend to get som är weird graphical glitch when games charges screens. It’s especially noticable in Symphony Of The Night.

I remember someone on here having a similair problem, but I can’t find that post anymore.

Here is a short clip of what I mean:
https://www.veed.io/view/ab1ed9b7-40d1- ... idget=true

This does not ocurr with version 22.05.02.

Is this a known bug or am I just unlucky?
Could you please share your MiSTer.ini?
FPGAzumSpass
Core Developer

Unread post by FPGAzumSpass »

Please update your mister main to the newest unstable and it will be gone:

https://github.com/MiSTer-unstable-nigh ... ble-builds
DaveGeorge

Unread post by DaveGeorge »

Thanks, I’ll try that!
gameboyhomeboy

Unread post by gameboyhomeboy »

I feel like I should know this.....how does one go about updating to the unstable nightly build?
Count Duckula

Unread post by Count Duckula »

gameboyhomeboy wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:13 am I feel like I should know this.....how does one go about updating to the unstable nightly build?
-Download the latest nightly build from FPGAzumSpass's link (eg MiSTer_unstable_20220719_179301)
-Rename the file to 'MiSTer'
-Connect to your MiSTer from PC via FTP, SFTP, SMB etc or connect the microsd directly to your PC with a card reader
-On the root of the microSD, rename the existing 'MiSTer' file to 'MiSTer.old' (or any other name)
-Copy the newly downloaded MiSTer file over
-Cold Reboot the MiSTer
gameboyhomeboy

Unread post by gameboyhomeboy »

Count Duckula wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:14 am
gameboyhomeboy wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:13 am I feel like I should know this.....how does one go about updating to the unstable nightly build?
-Download the latest nightly build from FPGAzumSpass's link (eg MiSTer_unstable_20220719_179301)
-Connect to your MiSTer from PC via FTP, SFTP, SMB etc or connect the microsd directly to your PC with a card reader
-On the root of the microSD, rename the existing 'MiSTer' file to 'MiSTer.old' (or any other name)
-Reboot the MiSTer
Thanks so much for your help!!
MammonMachiner

Unread post by MammonMachiner »

-Cold Reboot the MiSTer
I just tried doing this because I was having the same problem and when I cold rebooted the system the picture is now a purple color on my CRT and won't even detect on my HDTV. Plus the GUI menu won't pull up; just gives me the blank MiSTer static in purple rather than white. What might cause this?
Count Duckula

Unread post by Count Duckula »

MammonMachiner wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:33 am
-Cold Reboot the MiSTer
I just tried doing this because I was having the same problem and when I cold rebooted the system the picture is now a purple color on my CRT and won't even detect on my HDTV. Plus the GUI menu won't pull up; just gives me the blank MiSTer static in purple rather than white. What might cause this?
Hmm that's odd. It returns to normal if you switch back to stable main?
I'd try copying the MiSTer file over again to start with, just in case its corrupt somehow (if using FTP, ensure your FTP client is in binary transfer mode).

If its still the same I'd guess something in your MiSTer.ini isnt playing nicely with a change in main, could be worth renaming your ini and replacing it with a fresh copy (https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... MiSTer.ini), and if the issue is gone then re-apply customisations one/a few at a time (although I cant think what setting would cause the behaviour you described).

Is the rest of your system pretty up to date (ie you've run downloader/update-all recently)?
MammonMachiner

Unread post by MammonMachiner »

Count Duckula wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:46 am
MammonMachiner wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:33 am

-Cold Reboot the MiSTer
Hmm that's odd. It returns to normal if you switch back to stable main?
I'd try copying the MiSTer file over again to start with, just in case its corrupt somehow (if using FTP, ensure your FTP client is in binary transfer mode).

If its still the same I'd guess something in your MiSTer.ini isnt playing nicely with a change in main, could be worth renaming your ini and replacing it with a fresh copy (https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... MiSTer.ini), and if the issue is gone then re-apply customisations one/a few at a time (although I cant think what setting would cause the behaviour you described).

Is the rest of your system pretty up to date (ie you've run downloader/update-all recently)?
I tried re-downloading the unstable version and replacing the other one directly rather than FTP this time and it worked! Not sure what happened there. It still gives me the "purple" static for a few seconds when I first boot up the Mister (not sure what that's about, but to be fair, it was doing this before I updated too) but then it turns to normal color and gives me the menu like usual. Thanks for the help!