Battle Bakraid MiSTer FPGA

Lex

Battle Bakraid MiSTer FPGA

Unread post by Lex »

I tested the new Battle Bakraid mister core and it works fine.
Just a question - does anyone have the opportunity to compare this core to the real arcade
pcb? In my opinion gameplay does not feel on spot and accurate its like the video part is not synchronous with the input action of the player. Perhaps this is due to the fact the game uses 2 quite power hungry cpus (Motorola 10Mhz and Toshiba 16Mhz)and the mister cannot handle this properly. Don´t get me wrong it is amazing that this core is on Mister I am just curious if its just in my imagination.

regards,
XtraSmiley

Re: Battle Bakraid MiSTer FPGA

Unread post by XtraSmiley »

It's just in beta, he's still working on it and has confirmed it is not accurate at this time.
pram0d
Core Developer

Unread post by pram0d »

That's not true about the specifications by the way. I have the real board and there's only a Z80 for sound and a 68k for program. There's no 10mhz CPU anywhere on the board or in the design. It's actually not much different than batrider except they improved upon the sound capabilities with an upgraded PCM chip.

Secondly, the first phase of the effort included just making everything functional. In the next phase I'll actually be taking timings from the board and adjusting things accordingly. I'll take it as far as it can be taken.
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alkadian »

@pram0d,
Many thanks for your efforts on this awesome core!
Keep up the amazing work!
chew-z

Unread post by chew-z »

Thank you pram0d!
catallo

Unread post by catallo »

Thank you pram0d for bringing my favorite SHMUPS to the MiSTer!
JSN

Unread post by JSN »

Hi @pram0d , I know this is still BETA, but in both Garegga and Bakraid I'm having an issue with the screen scrolling right to left and looping. It seems to calm down in Garegga after 10 seconds or so, but was continuously happening in Bakraid.

Not sure if this is due to my setup, but I'm running it on a Philips CRT with the VGA to component cable.

I'll post my .cfg settings when I'm able to. Just wanted to help out. Thanks you!