Nichibutsu M68000 Based HW (Terra Cresta/Force)

Alkadian
Top Contributor

Re: Nichibutsu M68000 Based HW (Terra Cresta/Force)

Unread post by Alkadian »

atrac17 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:12 pm Sound is fixed. CC2 isn't officially released. If the MRA is in dev, no bug reports please!
Fantastic, many thanks for fixing the sound!
atrac17
Core Developer

Unread post by atrac17 »

Terra Force, Kozure Ōkami, Chouji Meikyuu Legion, and Crazy Climber 2 Beta Release. Please view the readme, there have been extensive updates to the Armed F core.

Run the unofficial cores downloader in update_all to update to this release or manual add the files from the releases folder from the link below.

https://github.com/va7deo/ArmedF

lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

Darren's on fire! Thank you for keeping us updated. I daily peruse Darren's github to see what's new.

However, having to enable unofficial_cores inside the update_all script to be current with these awesome cores, comes with a downside; all the old, redundant MrX_8B cores get downloaded as well, and this messes up with the file structure.

[edit] ...then I guess that's something for theypsilon to handle :) Thank you for your contributions! I mean we might have had some friction between us before, but you're doing Dog's work!
atrac17
Core Developer

Unread post by atrac17 »

lamarax wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:39 pm [edit] ...then I guess that's something for theypsilon to handle :)
That'll change when we have something completely finished. We've already spoke about it ;)

Edit: I want things to be stable beforehand.
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alkadian »

atrac17 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:56 pm Terra Force, Kozure Ōkami, Chouji Meikyuu Legion, and Crazy Climber 2 Beta Release. Please view the readme, there have been extensive updates to the Armed F core.

Run the unofficial cores downloader in update_all to update to this release or manual add the files from the releases folder from the link below.

https://github.com/va7deo/ArmedF

@atrac17, @Darren_O

This is an incredible update to the already awesome Armed F core!

Thanks a tonne! :mrgreen:
atrac17
Core Developer

Unread post by atrac17 »

XtraSmiley

Unread post by XtraSmiley »

You guys are incredible. I never really knew about these games before and they are amazing and unique!

THANK YOU!!!!
gomadosnitro

Unread post by gomadosnitro »

Hi guys incledible work im fun of Nichibutsu Arcades, there are any chance of implementing Ufo Robo Dangar or is a different board if a remember well is from 1986.
atrac17
Core Developer

Unread post by atrac17 »

gomadosnitro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:55 pm Hi guys incledible work im fun of Nichibutsu Arcades, there are any chance of implementing Ufo Robo Dangar or is a different board if a remember well is from 1986.
We'll do that hardware later, working on other stuff at the moment. Gallivan, Dangar, and Ninja Emaki. I own a Dangar.
mypinballs

Unread post by mypinballs »

atrac17 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:28 am

Hi,

I came here because of an original pcb that i am trying to fix. I was wondering if during this development the actual pcb board schematics were drawn up and/or if the 3 pals on the top board from armed formation were dumped and/or the equations extracted. My pcb is now booting and running but i have a sprites issues that i am trying to track down and it crashes when the game play starts. I believe it may be caused by a bad pal at 6B, so any info on this and the board schematics would be very useful.

Regards
Jim

atrac17
Core Developer

Unread post by atrac17 »

mypinballs wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:28 pm
atrac17 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:28 am

Hi,

I came here because of an original pcb that i am trying to fix. I was wondering if during this development the actual pcb board schematics were drawn up and/or if the 3 pals on the top board from armed formation were dumped and/or the equations extracted. My pcb is now booting and running but i have a sprites issues that i am trying to track down and it crashes when the game play starts. I believe it may be caused by a bad pal at 6B, so any info on this and the board schematics would be very useful.

Regards
Jim

I only have three Terra Force PCBs. US, JP, and the z80 bootleg. Probably best to contact me on twitter. I saw an email regarding this post and came to reach out. More than happy to help.