PS5 DualSense Controller Issues

kupoRGB

PS5 DualSense Controller Issues

Unread post by kupoRGB »

Has anyone else had any issues with their DuaSense of the SNES core?

When I try to plays Mega Man X for example, I can only have one button activated, meaning I can't have my buster charged and jump/ dash. It's very annoying. I don't have that issue with my Switch Pro controller or Dualshock 4 but the DualSense is my favorite controller and would prefer to use it if possible.

Any advice is appreciated!
ZForceFFC

Re: PS5 DualSense Controller Issues

Unread post by ZForceFFC »

I don't seem to have the same issue on my end. I tried X and X2 and I was able to jump and dash while still having the buster charged up. I wouldn't have any solutions on my end, but is it possible that it has to do with the controller being in wireless or wired mode? (I run mine wired)
darksakul

Unread post by darksakul »

ZForceFFC wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:12 pm I don't seem to have the same issue on my end. I tried X and X2 and I was able to jump and dash while still having the buster charged up. I wouldn't have any solutions on my end, but is it possible that it has to do with the controller being in wireless or wired mode? (I run mine wired)
No it's not the wireless. That controller is designed with wireless use in mind.
Also I have no issues with the Wireless functions of the PS5 Dual Sense.

I would test this controller on other cores or systems to see if the issue persist.
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
PistolsAtDawn

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

Update the firmware of the controller if you haven't already.

drenco

Unread post by drenco »

kupoRGB wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:46 pm

When I try to plays Mega Man X for example, I can only have one button activated, meaning I can't have my buster charged and jump/ dash. It's very annoying. I don't have that issue with my Switch Pro controller or Dualshock 4 but the DualSense is my favorite controller and would prefer to use it if possible.

No i dont have any issues with my PS5 Controller which is on the latest firmware whilst using either Bluetooth or a Wired connect, incidentally on the MiSTer Input Latency Database the PS5 controller has been tested and given Platinum Rating which means not that many controller/sticks even come close to performance it can deliver over a wired connection, id try it out if possible.

neogeo81

Unread post by neogeo81 »

kupoRGB wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:46 pm

Stupid question but did you map the controller in the SNES core?