Weird Problem with Buffalo Classic USB Gamepad

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Gaslight

Weird Problem with Buffalo Classic USB Gamepad

Unread post by Gaslight »

Hi there,
I've recently build my mister with an Ironclad Mini-ITX board, everything seems good so far, beside this very weird gamepad problem.

I can connect an 8bitdo SN30pro USB wired controller and everything works just fine.

But my buffalo pad won't work. The behaviour is puzzling to say the least, the d-pad functions fine in the menu, but I have no buttons in-menu or in-game. The kicker is that I can define the buttons. Defining the buttons for a core (game or inputtest) goes well, the software registers the button press, but afterwards I still don't have buttons.

Inputtest seems nothing, not even the d-pad... I don't really understand what is going on. Thanks for any advice.
drenco

Re: Weird Problem with Buffalo Classic USB Gamepad

Unread post by drenco »

Gaslight wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:59 pm

Hi there,
I've recently build my mister with an Ironclad Mini-ITX board, everything seems good so far, beside this very weird gamepad problem.

I can connect an 8bitdo SN30pro USB wired controller and everything works just fine.

But my buffalo pad won't work. The behaviour is puzzling to say the least, the d-pad functions fine in the menu, but I have no buttons in-menu or in-game. The kicker is that I can define the buttons. Defining the buttons for a core (game or inputtest) goes well, the software registers the button press, but afterwards I still don't have buttons.

Inputtest seems nothing, not even the d-pad... I don't really understand what is going on. Thanks for any advice.

Funny that as i have just dug out my iBuffalo Gamepad and can register the buttons & D-Pad in the Main Menu and Cores perfectly fine but nothing works in game at all, did you ever find a fix for this ? as it is very strange and ive used many a different controller/stick on my MiSTer without issue until now.