2-player joystick setup and mappings - how do you map those?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
emuola

2-player joystick setup and mappings - how do you map those?

Unread post by emuola »

Latest Mister and cores. 2 pcs of daemonbite controller based 8-button arcade sticks. I'm really sorry, but for the life of me, I cannot grasp how I should get both controllers mapped, so that I can actually play arcade cores, which have a separate Start button for 1 player and 2 players, in 2-player mode.

I have tried both system wide mappings and core-specific, but for example, where can I map the start buttons for each player?

I find the mapping UI highly confusing, because the UI doesn't really let you map the buttons you want without the "wizard". Or can you?

Could someone kindly walk me through, since I cannot get this :oops:

*EDIT*

I just realised both Joysticks have the same ID assigned. I then fou8nd this post:
yomismomyself wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:26 pm I custom made two arcade sticks using the same brand and model of USB interface and faced the same problem. My solution was to rewired the buttons exactly the same for the two sticks and now it works as expected. The only problem is that you cannot have different configurations for each sticks but I am ok with that.
Does this mean that after I rewire the joysticks to be similar, I can then get 2-player mode (e.g. the start button for player 2) working?