CGC Game 11: Mario Bros. [Arcade]

Join other MiSTer gamers, take part in high score challenges.
PistolsAtDawn

CGC Game 11: Mario Bros. [Arcade]

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

Mario_Bros_(Arcade)_09.gif
Mario_Bros_(Arcade)_09.gif (227.04 KiB) Viewed 3008 times
Gameplay video

MiSTer core info

Like with the Ninja Kid arcade game, this core supports only the one game, so there's nothing to nominate this time. I will post another thread so we can still nominate games this week.

Play however you'd like! The point is to enjoy and have fun, but if you would like to compete on high scores, please let us all know how you played (as in, with a arcade control panel, gamepad, etc.). We're on the honor system here for reporting high scores, so if you used cheats, fess up!

Please share with us your thoughts, jokes, frustrations or anything else related to this game that you may discover (i.e. if you discover the game itself was featured or visible in some other form of entertainment like a movie or TV show).
Luke52

Re: CGC Game 11: Mario Bros. [Arcade]

Unread post by Luke52 »

Hello,

Thanks for sharing. I will test the game and report back later.
My website here : Extreme Anime Video Sex
charmless

Re: CGC Game 11: Mario Bros. [Arcade]

Unread post by charmless »

I don't really know what to say about Mario Bros. I know it's a classic and I played it tons on the NES back in the day (most likely due to lack of other options). I haven't played the Arcade version much but I guess it's an ok game. I really like the short tutorials before each stage, that feels like a typical Nintendo thing to do.

But the controls. They are really bad. And they really stand in the way of what could be a great game. I'm not asking for much but these are Ice Climber level of bad controls. And no argument like "but the controls are a part of the experience" will ever hold up if you ask me. Because the structure of the progression is there, the gameplay is fun. The controls are not. High Score 77640.

tvspelsdagboken I run a video game site (in Swedish)