Installing OS3.9 on minimig-aga

anderse77

Installing OS3.9 on minimig-aga

Unread post by anderse77 »

Anyone having experience with os 3.9 on mister fpga? I bought it a while ago and created iso. However, os 3.1 does not recognize the iso when I boot it either as removable/cd or fixed hard drive. How do I access the cd from workbench?
thisisamigaspeaking

Re: Installing OS3.9 on minimig-aga

Unread post by thisisamigaspeaking »

I'll take a look at this if someone else doesn't reply. Do you mean the Amiga Forever DVDs or a standalone release of 3.9?

Have you tried booting a working 3.9 .hdf from WinUAE on MiSTer? Can you install with the 3.9 .adf images?
anderse77

Thank you. A standalone release. It is an iso-file, bot an adf. It is supposed to update os 3.1 or 3.5 to 3.9. I cannot access it at all from workbench 3.1, however. Unfortunately my computer is currently on repair, so I have not been able to test in WinUAE yet.
thisisamigaspeaking

Unread post by thisisamigaspeaking »

Unfortunately I don't have that ISO to test with. I pulled "3.X" out of Amiga Forever (their version of 3.9) now that I look at my files so I don't have any experience with the ISO method of installation. It was 3.2 that came with ADFs.
segamemister

Unread post by segamemister »

Getting the cdrom to show on workbench that the easy part

https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... 68#p345066

Or a youtube video

https://youtu.be/kTxMQ3OPsiU

Now trying to boot from the cdrom on it own may be near to impossible as there was usually additional hardware involved not sure if it may be possible with a custom rom though

I know back in the day if you didnt have something that could boot the cd then you either install over 3.1 or get os 3.9 to create an emergency disk and tweak that.

Easy method would be to use winuae and create an hdf and install to that and transfer to the mister
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

When I was last messing with this, you needed to boot off the floppy image (which you had to extract from the CD image), and it would load drivers for the CD-ROM. If you use the 3.9 ROMs in your Minimig config, that *might* let you boot from CD, but I haven't tried it myself.
Solskogen

Unread post by Solskogen »

You have to create the Emergency floppy first from 3.1. That's quite easy. Boot 3.1 workbench, enable the cdrom (move the CD driver from Storage: to Dev:), reboot, insert the 3.9 ISO, start the installation and create the emergency floppy. Boot with that, and install 3.9. Quite doable on MiSTer.
anderse77

I created a 4gb hdf-file using dd on linux for the install. This appears as two disks on amiga. Scsi 0 och scsi 1. Why? Which is the correct hard drive?
Solskogen

Unread post by Solskogen »

It's probably the CD that's the number 1.