Terminal "press any key to continue" DS4

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Deadsaint

Terminal "press any key to continue" DS4

Unread post by Deadsaint »

When a "press a key to continue" prompt appears after a script, I usually just press a key on any controller or keyboard connected to the MiSTer and it closes as it should.

However, when it's my DS4v2 connected, it not only won't close the terminal, other controllers and/or keyboards ALSO won't close it until I unplug my DS4 from the MiSTer. Pressing keys will result in the cursor on the terminal typing weird things (like "^[", "^[[A", an so on), spaces, next line, etc. This happens whether I'm pressing buttons on the DS4 or any other input device, as long as the DS4 is connected, the same happens. As soon as I unplug the DS4 however, everything else will close the terminal as it should no problem.

I wonder if anyone knows what the issue is and a possible solution? My DS4 is my controller of choice for the MiSTer, and having to unplug it all the time to properly use scripts is very annoying, on top of the unnecessary wear on the usb port of the device.
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Re: Terminal "press any key to continue" DS4

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

My DS4 v1 behaves similarly. Sometimes it seems to work after pressing a button multiple times.
Oliver87

Re: Terminal "press any key to continue" DS4

Unread post by Oliver87 »

Hello,

I'm quite happy to know that I'm not the only one with this problem.