MiSTer is the best! Thank you!

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
rsn8887

MiSTer is the best! Thank you!

Unread post by rsn8887 »

I bought my MiSTer approximately a year ago, and I have been blown away by it every time I turned it on since first powering it up.

A big THANK YOU from me to all the devs that make MiSTer possible, especially to sorgelig for leading the project and all the work.

- I love playing Amiga with zero lag and smooth scrolling for the first time again since I was a kid.

- I love playing SNES with full custom chip support.

- I love messing around with ao486, Atari ST, the Archimedes and arcade cores just for fun and to try stuff out.

- I love the ease of use of the MiSTer OSD menu and input config - it just works. It is simple. Everything is already set to be most accurate. There are not many unneeded options. I never ask myself "is this option better or was that other one better?" like I do with many traditional emulators. I can focus on playing games and using the cores, not endless configuration.

- I love the almost instant boot time. Turn it on, and there it is.

- I love the ability to turn MiSTer off without wondering "will it corrupt my SD card" like with other hardware.

- I love how small, silent, cool, and low-power consuming the MiSTer is.

- I love that it is open source and I can go to GitHub to learn about latest changes, known issues, and learn some FPGA source along the way.

My list could go on forever.

In conclusion, MiSTer is the best! Thank you again, to all the devs and everyone involved in this amazing project.
bootsector

Re: MiSTer is the best! Thank you!

Unread post by bootsector »

Great post! And I definitely second that!
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alkadian »

Yup, I definitely second that too!!
PikWik

Unread post by PikWik »

agreed

i understand this is a MiSTer forum and im preaching to the choir,
but, everytime i boot up the mister im impressed with how much it can do.
its legit the coolest piece of electronics ive bought in a long time

like you, the instant boot time makes me smile, the properly scaled graphics on an HDTV is just mouth watering, and the cycle accuracy combined with the lack of input lag is retro bliss

3uGNLcq.gif
3uGNLcq.gif (965.99 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

This sums it up really well.

I love how it is a tiny retro museum allowing me to use the machines that I used to have (or even still have, but more easily), but also to try machines I never had access to.

And I also really like the active community, new things are added constantly.

Being able to connect all kinds of USB devices that just work is great as well.

The Samba and FTP connections are very handy. Adding content is usually a breeze, compared to the hassle with RetroArch.

EDIT: How could I forget the 15Khz (or more accurately original output frequency) video output. Being able to play games correctly on a CRT (even the arcade games) is a really fantastic option.
eightbit

Unread post by eightbit »

LamerDeluxe wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:51 am EDIT: How could I forget the 15Khz (or more accurately original output frequency) video output. Being able to play games correctly on a CRT (even the arcade games) is a really fantastic option.
Everything said above, and especially THIS. I was in heaven or so I thought using the MiSTer on a LED flat panel, but oh my GOD how good it is on a real CRT.

Extremely thankful for all of the devs involved that made this magic happen.