Help Regarding Few PC Engine CD-Rom Cheats

ZEUSDAZ

Help Regarding Few PC Engine CD-Rom Cheats

Unread post by ZEUSDAZ »

Hello to everyone, very new here but thought this would be the best place to ask for help.

I am playing several great shmup games on the PC Engine CD-Rom emulator (TurboEngine032) and I'm desperate to play these all the way through but I just do not have the time to practice practice practice what with juggling home and work life along with being a youtube retro gamer content creator (Zeusdaz), I just want to play these all the way through on an evening off with a pint of Guiness at my side :D

Can anyone help with with immunity on the following games, there doesn't seem to be any controller cheat iinput for doing it so is there any immunity patched versions (if there's such a thing for this system) or some kind of games cheat folder that I can place in the emulator to enable cheats for these game (very similar to what you do on MAME to allow cheats), I would be eternally grateful for your help and guidence as I'm very new to this emulator, the games are:

DOWNLOAD 2
GATE OF THUNDER
METAMOR JUPITER
RAYXANBER II
RAYXANBER III
(I have an input by controller invincy cheat but the effect is I MUST have a super fast ship as a side effect which I do not want).

Thank you all in advance!

Zeus

12characters

Re: Help Regarding Few PC Engine CD-Rom Cheats

Unread post by 12characters »

Cheats for PC engine CD can be found here: https://gamehacking.org/system/pcd. Download the ones you want in MiSTer format and place the zip file inside the same folder as the game's CUE/BIN or CHD.

Alternatively, you could use a script such as the official Downloader to fetch cheats for all systems.

EDIT: Just read that you are not using MiSTer but a software emulator. Cheats in a format for mednafen are available on gamehacking.org but I am not familiar with Turbo Engine.
ZEUSDAZ

Re: Help Regarding Few PC Engine CD-Rom Cheats

Unread post by ZEUSDAZ »

12characters wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:43 am Cheats for PC engine CD can be found here: https://gamehacking.org/system/pcd. Download the ones you want in MiSTer format and place the zip file inside the same folder as the game's CUE/BIN or CHD.

Alternatively, you could use a script such as the official Downloader to fetch cheats for all systems.

EDIT: Just read that you are not using MiSTer but a software emulator. Cheats in a format for mednafen are available on gamehacking.org but I am not familiar with Turbo Engine.
Thanks for helping, yes I'm using TurboEngine emulator,...I use OOtake for PC Engine card games but as I couldn't get it to load the CD-Rom games I instead downloaded the TurboEngine emulator which works great but as said these games I do not know how to impliment cheat codes on, I've had a quick look at the Mednafen emulator but it looks a little complicated and riskay for my liking, I would just like to play the mentioned games above with immunity.