What is purpose of "GunCon2" board?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
earthprime

What is purpose of "GunCon2" board?

Unread post by earthprime »

What is the purpose of the "GunCon2" breakout board? (links below) I've found tutorials of people using the Guncon2 without this device on CRTs. If I have a Guncon2 and t-cable, under what scenario would I need the breakout board?

https://misteraddons.com/collections/pa ... ccessories

https://ultimatemister.com/product/gunc ... or-mister/
AngelicLiver

Re: What is purpose of "GunCon2" board?

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

For the GunCon 2 to function, it needs to tap the composite sync from the video signal to a CRT. You can do this a few ways, these devices just intercept composite sync in between your existing cables to pass to the GunCon 2.
earthprime

Unread post by earthprime »

AngelicLiver wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:07 pm For the GunCon 2 to function, it needs to tap the composite sync from the video signal to a CRT. You can do this a few ways, these devices just intercept composite sync in between your existing cables to pass to the GunCon 2.
This makes sense - so the device basically functions like the "t-cable". So do you plug this addon-board directly into the mister's VGA-out, and then connect a VGA>Component cable (out to the CRT)?
AngelicLiver

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

earthprime wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:17 pm
AngelicLiver wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:07 pm For the GunCon 2 to function, it needs to tap the composite sync from the video signal to a CRT. You can do this a few ways, these devices just intercept composite sync in between your existing cables to pass to the GunCon 2.
This makes sense - so the device basically functions like the "t-cable". So do you plug this addon-board directly into the mister's VGA-out, and then connect a VGA>Component cable (out to the CRT)?
Yeup!