Has Anyone Tried Playing Anvil of Dawn?

FeelsDuckMan

Has Anyone Tried Playing Anvil of Dawn?

Unread post by FeelsDuckMan »

How is the performance? I was thinking of doing another playthrough and would like to try it on the mister if possible vs using DosBox. I didn't see it on any compatibility lists nor in the top 300 games release.

thorr
Top Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Tried Playing Anvil of Dawn?

Unread post by thorr »

I have never heard of this game, but it looks like it is great! The system requirements state 486/33, so this should work great on the MiSTer.
FeelsDuckMan

Yea it seems to boot fine, but I'd hate to commit to a playthrough to have some sort of game breaking bug. I'll give it a go.
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

One consideration: DOSBox-X has Fluidsynth and MUNT built-in, so you can get the same result as the AO486 plus MT32-Pi, with *probably* better stability. I don't particularly trust the AO486 core.
FeelsDuckMan

Malor wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:15 pm One consideration: DOSBox-X has Fluidsynth and MUNT built-in, so you can get the same result as the AO486 plus MT32-Pi, with *probably* better stability. I don't particularly trust the AO486 core.
Thanks for the suggestion, I tend to avoid dosbox though because of how inaccurate it is with speed, but for a game like this I suppose it would be fine. I just wanted a closer experience to the real thing since I had a mister. I'm gonna give the mister a go a this weekend and start a playthrough, thanks.
Krathoon

Unread post by Krathoon »

I am getting that impression of the AO486 core too. Way too many games are crashing on it. It is not stable enough.