RTG and PAL Amiga Modes Displayed Correctly on A PC CRT?

zoopster

RTG and PAL Amiga Modes Displayed Correctly on A PC CRT?

Unread post by zoopster »

Has anyone managed to configure the minimig core to display both RTG workbench and a correctly scaled PAL video mode for games on a PC CRT?

I'm using a HDMI to VGA video adapter into a Philips Brilliance PC CRT. I can get the RTG screen perfect at 800x600 with vga_scaler on and video mode 5 but the scaling on the PAL video mode for playing games looks awful as the image is being scaled to 800x600.

I also have a 15khz Sony PVM which has no problems showing the PAL video signal for games but obviously cannot display a 800x600 RTG video mode.

Thanks
John

zoopster

Re: RTG and PAL Amiga Modes Displayed Correctly on A PC CRT?

I managed to get a "native" non-scaled 640x480 RTG screen to show on the PC CRT (HDMI to VGA adapter) with these settings:

[minimig]
direct_video=1
vga_scaler=0
forced_scandoubler=1

It's not perfect but better than nothing. Hopefully some additional P96 video modes with timings for PC CRTs will become available soon.

With vga scaler enabled RTG output is rock solid - as you'd expect - but the native PAL video modes have incorrect aspect ratio in modes like 640x480 and 800x600 when the vga scaler is on.
zoopster

These settings are the closest I've come to perfection - RTG is perfect and PAL pretty close:

[minimig]
direct_video=0
vga_scaler=0
vscale_mode=1
forced_scandoubler=0
video_mode=5
anderse77

Unread post by anderse77 »

What resolution do you actually get here? What happens if you remove the last line?

Since vga_scaler is 0, I think that video_mode and vscale_mode will be ignored here.