DE10 Nano from Mouser, Anyone Got One Recently?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
LasseKongo

DE10 Nano from Mouser, Anyone Got One Recently?

Unread post by LasseKongo »

Hi!

About to enter the world of Mister which I have been planning for some time.
Just got my Mister Multisystem board from RMCretro, and now i "just" need the DE10.

I have ordered a DE10 from Mouser 3:d of June, but they still can´t provide any date when it will ship. Has anyone else got their DE10 orders from Mouser fairly recently ? If so I guess they are getting deliveries, just not as many as the want.
Also considering the option of ordering directly from Terasic, but with shipping and customs fees it will be like €70 more expensive.

dshadoff
Core Developer

Re: DE10 Nano from Mouser, Anyone Got One Recently?

Unread post by dshadoff »

I received one about a month or two ago - but I had ordered it back in November (and at the time, they were expecting a shipment the next day, and another in January - both of which never happened).

I never cancelled because I had locked in an order before the price went up, and they honoured the original price (and it wasn't my first unit, so I could wait).
AngelicLiver

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

Also considering the option of ordering directly from Terasic, but with shipping and customs fees it will be like €70 more expensive.
I think unfortunately with the state of the world, this is going to be your only option for the foreseeable.
thisisamigaspeaking

Unread post by thisisamigaspeaking »

AngelicLiver wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:51 pm
I think unfortunately with the state of the world, this is going to be your only option for the foreseeable.
Better than waiting 6+ months...
PixelCherryNinja

Unread post by PixelCherryNinja »

I ordered one back in in October 2021, I received it in July 2022.

They will deliver to you, but you may be in for a wait.
bazza_12
Top Contributor

Unread post by bazza_12 »

bloody hell! they must have a massive backlog.
The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

Or Terasic is shipping them like 5 a month or something.
C-R-T

Unread post by C-R-T »

They’re clearly on allocation, so yes, five per month is very realistic.

Intel FPGAs are practically impossible to get these days.
GreyAreaUK

Unread post by GreyAreaUK »

LasseKongo wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:57 pm Also considering the option of ordering directly from Terasic, but with shipping and customs fees it will be like €70 more expensive.
I also had one on order from Mouser, and the delivery time shipped to effectively a year. I ended up buying direct. Yes, it ended up costing more (shipping and UK Customs) but I got it the same week and ultimately I'm glad I went that route.

If you can afford it, it's worth doing (IMHO).
Orbiting inside the Roche Limit of sanity.
bazza_12
Top Contributor

Unread post by bazza_12 »

I wonder if the days of cheap components are long gone..
The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back
LasseKongo

GreyAreaUK wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:01 am I also had one on order from Mouser, and the delivery time shipped to effectively a year. I ended up buying direct. Yes, it ended up costing more (shipping and UK Customs) but I got it the same week and ultimately I'm glad I went that route.

Good to know that Terasic actually ships boards, I was a little suspicious when they quote only one week until delivery.
GreyAreaUK

LasseKongo wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:55 pm
GreyAreaUK wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:01 am I also had one on order from Mouser, and the delivery time shipped to effectively a year. I ended up buying direct. Yes, it ended up costing more (shipping and UK Customs) but I got it the same week and ultimately I'm glad I went that route.

Good to know that Terasic actually ships boards, I was a little suspicious when they quote only one week until delivery.
Keep in mind this was the better part of a year ago for me, so it's probably best to find out what the current situation is. But despite the hassle and increased cost, I have no regrets. Indeed, if my unit died I'd be ordering another in the same way before the end of the week!
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

I bought one last month directly from Terasic and got it delivered the same week. Even though it usually says "Preorder" and lists "Estimated to ship" as end of month on the shop page (and I ordered at the beginning of the month). This was in Taiwan itself, but I suppose they also ship overseas orders instantly, though it will obviously take longer to get where you are .

Best just email them directly (sales@terasic.com) and ask: they are extremely helpful and answer these individual queries very promptly.
LasseKongo

Just an update, placed an order with Terasic yesterday, and the package is already picked up by Fedex.
Clearly seems like Terasic is keeping a stash of boards that they don´t send to the large distributors.
GreyAreaUK

LasseKongo wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:26 am Just an update, placed an order with Terasic yesterday, and the package is already picked up by Fedex.
Clearly seems like Terasic is keeping a stash of boards that the don´t send to the large distributors.
Now you just have that irritating four day wait while it goes on a bit of a world tour :)
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Unless you live in sweden then you have the four days all over the world wait plus 5-14 days wait for customs to clear it and send you a bill.
Then you have too pay it before the package have been in the customs for 14 days or it will be sent back.
And sadly yes it´s rather common for them to take more then 14 days to get you a bill :evil:
LasseKongo

grizzly wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:25 pm Unless you live in sweden then you have the four days all over the world wait plus 5-14 days wait for customs to clear it and send you a bill.
Then you have too pay it before the package have been in the customs for 14 days or it will be sent back.
And sadly yes it´s rather common for them to take more then 14 days to get you a bill :evil:
Jesus, that would really suck, good thing I..., oh, wait, I live in Sweden...
Haven´t had problems with Fedex before, but we will see.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Fedex/Ups/DHL works ok since they take care of customs themself, only downside they charge a bit more for it.
But regular post (postnord) is what i was talking about.
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

If you're in the US, and contact Terasic directly, ask if shipping from their Utah office is an option. The shipping is still expensive, but you avoid customs that way.
deBaer

Unread post by deBaer »

I ordered a DE10-nano from Mouser on Jan 13, 2022, and in their last delivery information mail (which have come about weekly since the order), they now estimate shipping on Mar 9, 2023. But since I have two DE10-nanos now and two Analogue Pockets on their way, I feel no pressure.
maze

Unread post by maze »

A couple of recent data points.

I ordered one from Digi-Key on October 29, 2022 for $218.64. The original estimated ship date was in early December, but now it's January 7, 2023. Their current price has increased to $228.00.

Also placed an order with Terasic on November 15, 2022. Estimated ship date was December 16 and still is according to the product page. Was hoping it would ship a couple days after ordering like others have experienced, but unfortunately mine is still pending.

I think I will keep the Digi-Key order open, to have it as a backup unit.
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

I think you have to email the Terasic reps and deal with them directly to get it shipped faster.