Is there a way to set a new Autofire toggle key?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
JayRockets

Is there a way to set a new Autofire toggle key?

Unread post by JayRockets »

Having it share the same key as open menu is really frustrating on controllers without any unused buttons. Every time I press my 2 button combo to open the menu one of the buttons has auto fire toggled on. So then I have to try to toggle it back off which leads to either the menu opening up again, or the other button getting toggled on. I sometimes have to open and close the menu like five times before I am back in the game with autofire off on both buttons. I have turned off Autosave because of this.
12characters

Re: Is there a way to set a new Autofire toggle key?

Unread post by 12characters »

It appears that our benevolent ruler has granted your wish: ini option to disable autofire
Unless he gets second thoughts, the new option should be available in the next MiSTer release. You will need to sacrifice the autofire feature though.
JayRockets

Unread post by JayRockets »

HURRRAAAAY!
bankshot

Unread post by bankshot »

This is a welcome config option. Somehow my wife occasionally freaks out on her controller buttons during game play and manages to turn on autofire, and then I can't ever figure out how to disable it. Thanks to sorg for the update and JayRockets for the request!