New, Minimal Build

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
xixalo

New, Minimal Build

Unread post by xixalo »

Hi all! New to MiSTer and had a question about only getting certain cores/games; say I only wanted to have 1 or 2 games from Jotego's CPS2 list, what would be needed to do so? I've run the update_all script but really want to start small with a few arcade games and build from there. Are there any good guides that would provide the necessary steps to get a minimal build?

AngelicLiver

Re: New, Minimal Build

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

You can filter cores the Downloader script will fetch by editing "/media/fat/downloader.ini".

There are more in-depth instructions here.

xixalo

Unread post by xixalo »

AngelicLiver wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:40 pm

You can filter cores the Downloader script will fetch by editing "/media/fat/downloader.ini".

There are more in-depth instructions here.

I'll check this out, thank you!

xixalo

Unread post by xixalo »

Was able to get the latest update_all.sh script working and pruned the cores, however I now have a new issue. When loading 1944 Loop Master I am prompted for the qsound file/zip and the screen then goes blank and remains that way. I located a working qsound zip and placed into _Arcade/mame folder but then receive a prompt for qsound nff.20 file, I thought the script downloads the necessary files? What am I missing?

Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

Update_all has multiple settings, and I think it defaults to not downloading ROMs. If you press the up arrow when it first launches, it should take you to a configuration screen.