MT-32 Pi Stopped Working on Any Core

Torgo

MT-32 Pi Stopped Working on Any Core

Unread post by Torgo »

Hey y'all, I'm getting a weird issue. I bought a prebuilt, pre-setup MT-32 Pi, and it used to work. Then, it just stopped. I'm not sure if something on the software side of things got blown-away by running Update_All or what. The Pi is still getting power, and since I have 2 MiSTer's, I've tried on both with no success. Any ideas? I'm pretty confident that it's not an issue on the Pi.

Thanks in advance for any help!

anderse77

Re: MT-32 Pi Stopped Working on Any Core

Unread post by anderse77 »

Do you see anything on the hat screen? Try different usb cable. Test pi in isolation by plugging a monitor to it.

Torgo

Unread post by Torgo »

Not on the screen on the hat, but the LEDs are on

anderse77

Unread post by anderse77 »

Has the sd-card become corrupt? Try reinstalling

legacypixels

Unread post by legacypixels »

disconnect mt32pi from the Mister. Power up the pi with an external power supply, the mt32pi logo should appear on the screen. If not it's definitely something with the pi or hat. Try a new SD Card.

US based seller of MiSTer addon boards. Visit https://www.legacypixels.com/mister
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

Note that the MT32-Pi software doesn't produce any HDMI output, so plugging it into a monitor won't tell you anything. If you want to test the Pi itself, disconnect it from the Mister (and probably the hat), and try powering it up with a regular OS microSD card plugged in. That will tell you whether or not the Pi itself is working.