GRS Trackball

Zeosstud

GRS Trackball

Unread post by Zeosstud »

Hello,
I was curious if anyone out there is using a GRS Trackball on their Mister device, specifically for Centipede. I have the U-trak one setup currently and even though I have the settings in Centipede set to 200%, it still take me, 3 spins to get from the left to the right, just seems like this is a bit to much, would love any feedback on ways to improve this. My Mistercade it working great and enjoying several games on my CRT monitor, I feel super lucky to have it, just trying to dial some things in going forward.

Thanks,

Zeosstud

Hetzen

Re: GRS Trackball

Unread post by Hetzen »

I have one on order so can't comment on sensitivity yet.

Have you got any mouse throttling set in your ini?

Zeosstud

Hello,
Thanks for the reply, I messed with the throttling settings, but I could not find a setting that made things better, only worse. With some effort I can do some testing with an actual Happ Trackball also, will be a bit.

Zeosstud

Hetzen

Unread post by Hetzen »

Zeosstud wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:32 pm

Hello,
Thanks for the reply, I messed with the throttling settings, but I could not find a setting that made things better, only worse. With some effort I can do some testing with an actual Happ Trackball also, will be a bit.

Zeosstud

I've just tried the GRS Trackball and although Centipede is playable, i think there could be a 400% option in the menu.

Zeosstud

Thanks for the update, so, I agree, like 100%, sounds like it really does not matter what trackball is used. They work, they are accurate, but it just feels like it takes a lot of effort to get from one side to the other. GRS, Happ and U-Trak all confirmed.

Hey @jimmystones any thoughts on a possible addition to the centipede core

Hetzen

Unread post by Hetzen »

Missile Command could do with more sensitivity as well, have you tried your trackballs on that game yet?

jimmystones
Core Developer

Unread post by jimmystones »

It's crazy how wide the range of sensitivity on these devices is! I thought 25%-200% was going to be enough :)

I've sent @zeosstud a test version with 400%, if it works ok I can roll the same change back into MC no worries.

Hetzen

Unread post by Hetzen »

Brilliant stuff. Looking forward to trying the change out.

FPGA64

Unread post by FPGA64 »

jimmystones wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:12 pm

It's crazy how wide the range of sensitivity on these devices is! I thought 25%-200% was going to be enough :)

I've sent @zeosstud a test version with 400%, if it works ok I can roll the same change back into MC no worries.

We need it to go to 11 !