Does Bandit Kings of Ancient China Work on NES Core?

epic_resident

Does Bandit Kings of Ancient China Work on NES Core?

Unread post by epic_resident »

I was talking to someone online that owns a MISTer and asked them if the NES game bandit kings of ancient china works on the MISTer and they tried it and they said it does not.

Has anyone been able to get this game working?

riblad_om

Re: Does Bandit Kings of Ancient China Work on NES Core?

Unread post by riblad_om »

I just booted it up and started a new game with zero problems.

DevilHunterWolf

Unread post by DevilHunterWolf »

Can confirm the US version of Bandit Kings of Ancient China works on the NES core. Whoever tried it must not have sourced a good backup. MiSTer cores are as picky as real hardware when it comes to the files that are loaded on it. If it's not good enough for a flash cart then it's not likely to load on MiSTer. Software emulators are less picky so any file test done on an emulator is not a guarantee for MiSTer. Having said that, there's very little the more mature cores aren't able to handle these days. The only real issues I've ever heard from the NES core are games that are either homebrew that do something a little different or things like 60 in 1 knockoff collections. Action 52 similarly doesn't work as one file but there are alternative files available that let you select from batches of games so everything is playable from Action 52. Well, "playable" being the stretched definition of the word that it always was with Action 52, anyway.

If a regular retail release game doesn't work, verify the file is a confirmed good backup.

ItalianGrandma

Unread post by ItalianGrandma »

Your friend might have a rom that lacks an NES 2.0 header. I know I had a good amount of games that “didn’t work” on the NES core until I fixed all of my rom headers.