Memory Card not Working

anderse77

Memory Card not Working

Unread post by anderse77 »

I have empty.mcd downloaded form psx cores github page in saves->psx folder. I open Castlevania symphony of the night after loading memory card. No card messge is shown after file create is choosen. I Start new character and defeats first boss. open osd and lets it save. Then reboots mister and opens game again. Still no card is shown.

Why does not PSX core detect memory card? I have tried it both in slot 1 and slot 2

AngelicLiver

Re: Memory Card not Working

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

If your games are in individually named directories the default core behaviour is to create a save per game. If you are doing all this manually you must mount the .mcd file, press save in the OSD or turn autosave on (this will write to the .mcd file whenever the OSD is called).

I can't replicate the behaviour you are experiencing, maybe try making a few blank mcds, try writing to them in any game and then check their contents via the file manager in the BIOS? Here's a good overview video that might help too.

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

The game creates a memory card in each games sub directory. Each of your PSX games shold be in its own sub directory off /games/PSX . Memory cards are then automatically creeated in that directory and with deafult config auto mounted. If you are using SNAC then the memory card has to be physical or attached to a non Snac controller port. I.e Snac on Port 1, Virtual memory card on Port 2

anderse77

Unread post by anderse77 »

Solved the problem. Had to set automount memory card to no for it to work when using real ps1 controller over snac.