Arcade Cabinet builds and MisterCades: DIY, custom made orders, conversions, etc.

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
INT806

Re: Arcade Cabinet builds and MisterCades: DIY, custom made orders, conversions, etc.

Unread post by INT806 »

Xbytez wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:33 am
erzak wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:17 am

Am I correct in the assumption that there are no other interfaces/menus for MiSTer?

Yes, you are correct.

Where can I find more information about this frontend/interface FEEL, please?
Never heard of it and can't find anything...?
Thank you!

seastalker

Re: Arcade Cabinet builds and MisterCades: DIY, custom made orders, conversions, etc.

Unread post by seastalker »

I got delayed on my arcade build from months ago. Now, one of my biggest design hurdles is deciding on the actual shape of the cabinet:
http://megamancave.com/arcade-cabinets/

I linked this months ago, but am curious what others feel when looking at all the silhouettes of classic cabs. I am trying to look at them objectively without even reading the game titles that might bias my decisions. Is it better that a panel extends outwards to accommodate knees if using a bar stool sometimes? Would you use a design that had a mirror like Space Invaders or have your CRT in direct sight? Rotating the screen might be too tricky for me. Though... for CRT cabinet designs, if using a roadside consumer CRT vs a dedicated arcade monitor CRT, do you have to remove the plastic housing or do you make a custom fitted bezel, should you ever want to pull the tv out and reuse it as a tv?