Bluetooth Controllers won't Re-sync

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Jefwho

Bluetooth Controllers won't Re-sync

Unread post by Jefwho »

Pardon if this has been asked before. My controllers will not sync up after a cold restart of power down and power up.

I have a DS4, Nintendo branded wireless SNES and NES controller that I have for the Switch. I purchased the bluetooth & WiFi USB dongle from MisterAddons. The controllers will sync over bluetooth, but if I power down or perform a cold reset the controllers lose sync and I have to bring out my keyboard again and perform the sync all over again. I've tried using the share button (select) plus PS button combo to initiate a sync without pressing F11 on the keyboard and it won't connect. Same goes for the Nintendo controllers, I try using the small power/sync buttons on them and nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

DuaneDwayne

Re: Bluetooth Controllers won't Re-sync

Unread post by DuaneDwayne »

I think I experience the same thing, only I've found that all USB devices don't respond. This only happens when doing a cold reboot from the main menu (haven't tried a cold reboot within a core). The first symptom is that obviously the keyboard and controller don't respond and I don't see the wifi icon. Manually turning the MiSTer off/on fixes it every time. I use a Buffalo SNES controller, Logitech K400, and a TP-Link wifi adapter.

kronicd

Unread post by kronicd »

Since the last update if I activate Bluetooth pairing mister stops accepting all input.

It just hangs forever on "searching". Is that what you're experiencing?

Jefwho

Unread post by Jefwho »

kronicd wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:10 pm

Since the last update if I activate Bluetooth pairing mister stops accepting all input.

It just hangs forever on "searching". Is that what you're experiencing?

I'm not sure. I'm still pretty new to the Mister scene and getting things dialed in. I am still curious if there is a setting somewhere I just haven't toggled. But essentially, when I power on the unit each time (or perform a cold reset), I have to go through the process of connecting each bluetooth controller I need to use manually via F11 on the keyboard. There has to be a way that the controllers will connect independently when I power them on. Sorry if I am still vague here.