Panasonic 3do on FPGA

Discussion of developmental aspects of the MiSTer Project.
Roman

Panasonic 3do on FPGA

Unread post by Roman »

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here, just found out about this forum and mister fpga while looking for something already done.
Let me introduce myself a bit, I grown up as an embedded software engineer with some analog/digital circuits development in my background
A few years ago I was developing some sort of a home-brew "gaming console" (wouldn't call it like that though) using stm32 microcontrollers, so I managed to port a few games on my board, such as doom, quake I, II (buried now), duke nukem ... But my real goal was to port Killing Time from 3DO console, but unfortunately the only person who has sources (It's Rebecca Heinemann) has some licensing issues going on. Then I started looking at 3DO emulation instead, and since there are plenty of software emulators already, I came up with an idea to implement one on FPGA, and so here I am :D

I just started my way to this, literally I just ordered one of these Xilinx board (which is Kria K26, or something), and would really appreciate if anyone wants to join this journey, I have got a plan, I believe :D

PS: for anyone curious about games I listed in above running on stm32 board, please take a look :
https://www.youtube.com/@user-sc2my4cm4z