How Do I Keep the Game Boy/Color Cores From Desynching?

DrewBA77

How Do I Keep the Game Boy/Color Cores From Desynching?

Unread post by DrewBA77 »

I had low latency mode enabled, which causes the system to be more choosy about your display frequency. The main cores I'm having trouble with are the GB/C ones, which desync when I'm anywhere other than the title screen of a game. I have an AMD Freesync monitor (Gigabyte M27Q X), but setting VRR to 1 doesn't seem to solve it.

ItalianGrandma

Re: How Do I Keep the Game Boy/Color Cores From Desynching?

Unread post by ItalianGrandma »

There’s a setting in the core itself called something like “sync video to core” that needs to be turned on.

FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

Gameboy/color have a "buffer" setting that is also important.If it's off, HDMI video will drop whenever software turns the screen off, which was often done when loading/switching to a new screen.

DrewBA77

Unread post by DrewBA77 »

ItalianGrandma wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:10 am

There’s a setting in the core itself called something like “sync video to core” that needs to be turned on.

Forgot to mention that I want to keep low latency mode enabled, i.e. no sync to core. I have a freesync monitor, and it would be amazing if I could use it for this purpose.

ItalianGrandma

Unread post by ItalianGrandma »

DrewBA77 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:17 pm
ItalianGrandma wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:10 am

Forgot to mention that I want to keep low latency mode enabled, i.e. no sync to core. I have a freesync monitor, and it would be amazing if I could use it for this purpose.

I think it’s just how the game boy screen was where it could turn the entire screen on/off at any given time. No matter what vsync setting you use, the core will just do this unless you turn on the “sync core to video setting” as far as I know.