GPWiz 40 (Arcade Stick Setup)

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
J3RK

GPWiz 40 (Arcade Stick Setup)

Unread post by J3RK »

I finally got around to finishing my arcade stick build. I'm using a GPWiz 40 USB interface board, and a dual TurboTwist spinner setup.

I've been looking around, but haven't seen any specific information yet, so I thought I'd ask here. Has anyone tried the GPWiz 40 board with the MiSTer?

When I go to map controls, it will accept one or two button inputs, but often times, the controller gets stuck moving downward. So it will just keep paging through menus. If I run the controller tester app, it registers some, but not all inputs, but just keeps trying to cycles downwards there as well.

The board / setup works fine in Windows, and is supposedly HID compliant. Just not quite sure what else to look for.

I'll continue looking around in the meantime, but if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

JoyMasterMkVIII-Done.jpeg
JoyMasterMkVIII-Done.jpeg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 708 times
J3RK

Re: GPWiz 40 (Arcade Stick Setup)

Unread post by J3RK »

Disregard. I believe my GPWiz is actually broken. I'm getting some odd behavior now even in Windows. I ordered an IPAC-2 to try instead, which I've seen working with MiSTer before. I can try troubleshooting the GPWiz outside the stick later.

J3RK

Unread post by J3RK »

Update: The GPWiz 40 was actually ok. I found a small wiring fault, and fixed it.

Just wanted to be clear, so that people didn't steer away from this interface. It's actually quite good!

offset

Unread post by offset »

Thanks for the update, was curious about GPWiz 40 and mister as well. I have some SNK LS-30 rotary joysticks I want to use with the mister and the GPWiz 40 seemed like a good possibility for them. I saw the detail about using SNAC adapter for the rotary games in mister but not sure if those would work with Windows/MAME as not all the rotary games are supported in mister.