Amiga Vision (Formally MegaAGS?)

Moopy

Amiga Vision (Formally MegaAGS?)

Unread post by Moopy »

Came across this whilst looking for a MegaAGS update.

https://amiga.vision/

News saying a new update is coming soon. Worth keeping an eye on!

limi
Top Contributor

Re: AmigaVision (Formerly MegaAGS)

Unread post by limi »

If by “jumping on the bandwagon” means “started releasing MegaAGS in 2019”, then yes, maybe we are late to this whole MiSTer thing. 😜

The site is in preparation for an upcoming release, and we put one up since since people have asked for a place to go to check for updates, see change logs, etc.

It’s the same team and the same (continuously improving) setup as before.

Moopy

Re: Amiga Vision (Formally MegaAGS?)

Unread post by Moopy »

@limi thank you for the update. I'm super pleased to hear this. I'm very new to the MiSTer myself so didn't know your background.
Super grateful for the work you do! Looking forward to the next release

Milspex

Unread post by Milspex »

bookmarked! Site looks great, thanks for all the hard work so far.

Texemosis

Unread post by Texemosis »

looks cool. I hope there's an advanced filter list for game genres this time around. Having a top ten list of genres is fine I suppose but it's just not a list of all the games of the genre within the whole hdf.

hitm4n

Unread post by hitm4n »

Hi Limi. Is your work based off of AGS, albeit wrapped up and good to go on MiSTer with all the game etc.? I have recently joined the AGS group on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1144009169831106) so i can follow progress and Paul Vince is working hard on the next release. Pauls updates sound supercool and if thats the future for MegaAGS too then we are all in for a treat. Enquiring minds need to know :)

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

No games included.

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

hitm4n wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:13 pm

Hi Limi. Is your work based off of AGS, albeit wrapped up and good to go on MiSTer with all the game etc.? I have recently joined the AGS group on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1144009169831106) so i can follow progress and Paul Vince is working hard on the next release. Pauls updates sound supercool and if thats the future for MegaAGS too then we are all in for a treat. Enquiring minds need to know :)

This project is unrelated to MegaAGS/AmigaVision, they just use (I assume, since it’s a closed group, and hosted on Facebook) the same launcher, AGS. Part of the reason for the name change is that people get all the various AGS-based projects mixed up.

AGS2 is made by Per Olofsson and contributors: https://github.com/MagerValp/ArcadeGameSelector

hitm4n

Unread post by hitm4n »

limi wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:36 pm
hitm4n wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:13 pm

This project is unrelated to MegaAGS/AmigaVision, they just use (I assume, since it’s a closed group, and hosted on Facebook) the same launcher, AGS. Part of the reason for the name change is that people get all the various AGS-based projects mixed up.

AGS2 is made by Per Olofsson and contributors: https://github.com/MagerValp/ArcadeGameSelector

Thanks for the info.

kolla

Unread post by kolla »

So… will AmigaVision include Commodore AmigaVision? :)

zorrobandito

Unread post by zorrobandito »

This is good news, it always felt like trying to find an update was hacking the internet.
In case you're looking for new feature ideas, I'm still in the market for an option to create a stripped-back library of games and demos.

Great to see a Mastodon link on the page, too! I gave you a follow on there.

Optiroc

Unread post by Optiroc »

Texemosis wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:56 pm

looks cool. I hope there's an advanced filter list for game genres this time around. Having a top ten list of genres is fine I suppose but it's just not a list of all the games of the genre within the whole hdf.

The problem is twofold: coming up with an agreeable list of genres and clear cut definitions for those, AND THEN applying these for the entire database.

SaschaFFM

Unread post by SaschaFFM »

I downloaded the Amiga Vision and it works flawlessly via HDMI. Unfortunately I have issues when running the same via my CRT. The workbench does not seem to adjust for CRT display. Is there anything I need to configure? I sticked to defaults, did not modify any configurations in MiSTer. The documentation said it would work with CRT. I have added the additions to the mister.ini mentioned in the documentation as well, but this should anyway more apply to HDMI.

P.S. Other cores work fine with my CRT. Including my former Minimig setup (without HDD). CRT is a Sony PVM and attached using an VGA > Component Cable

My currently used mister.ini:

Code: Select all

[MiSTer]
key_menu_as_rgui=0     ; set to 1 to make the MENU key map to RGUI in Minimig (e.g. for Right Amiga)
forced_scandoubler=0   ; set to 1 to run scandoubler on VGA output always (depends on core).
ypbpr=0                ; set to 1 for YPbPr on VGA output.
composite_sync=1       ; set to 1 for composite sync on HSync signal of VGA output.
vga_scaler=0           ; set to 1 to connect VGA to scaler output.
hdmi_audio_96k=1       ; set to 1 for 96khz/16bit HDMI audio (48khz/16bit otherwise)
keyrah_mode=0x18d80002 ; VIDPID of keyrah for special code translation (0x23418037 for Arduino Micro)
vscale_mode=2          ; 0 - scale to fit the screen height.
                       ; 1 - use integer scale only.
                       ; 2 - use 0.5 steps of scale.
                       ; 3 - use 0.25 steps of scale.
                       ; 4 - integer resolution scaling, use core aspect ratio
                       ; 5 - integer resolution scaling, maintain display aspect ratio
vscale_border=0        ; set vertical border for TVs cutting the upper/bottom parts of screen (1-399)
;bootscreen=0          ; uncomment to disable boot screen of some cores like Minimig. 
;mouse_throttle=10     ; 1-100 mouse speed divider. Useful for very sensitive mice
rbf_hide_datecode=0    ; 1 - hides datecodes from rbf file names. Press F2 for quick temporary toggle
menu_pal=0             ; 1 - PAL mode for menu core
hdmi_limited=0         ; 1 - use limited (16..235) color range over HDMI
                       ; 2 - use limited (16..255) color range over HDMI, for VGA converters.
direct_video=0         ; 1 - enable core video timing over HDMI, use only with VGA converters.
hdr=0                  ; 1 - enable HDR using the BT2020 color space (faux-HDR, use color controls to tweak).
                       ; 2 - enable HDR using the DCI P3 color space.
                       ; 3 - enable HDR without color space conversion.
fb_size=0              ; 0 - automatic, 1 - full size, 2 - 1/2 of resolution, 4 - 1/4 of resolution.
fb_terminal=1          ; 1 - enabled (default), 0 - disabled
osd_timeout=30         ; 5-3600 timeout (in seconds) for OSD to disappear in Menu core. 0 - never timeout.
                       ; Background picture will get darker after double timeout
video_off=0            ; output black frame in Menu core after timeout (is seconds). Valid only if osd_timout is non zero.
osd_rotate=0           ; Display OSD menu rotated,  0 - no rotation, 1 - rotate right (+90°), 2 - rotate left (-90°)                  
vga_sog=0 ; 1 - enable sync on green (needs analog I/O board v6.0 or newer). ; 1 - enables the recent file loaded/mounted. ; WARNING: This option will enable write to SD card on every load/mount which may wear the SD card after many writes to the same place ; There is also higher chance to corrupt the File System if MiSTer will be reset or powered off while writing. recents=0 ; lastcore - Autoboot the last loaded core (corename autosaved in CONFIG/lastcore.dat) first found on the SD/USB ; lastexactcore - Autoboot the last loaded exact core (corename_yyyymmdd.rbf autosaved in CONFIG/lastcore.dat) first found on the SD/USB ; corename - Autoboot first corename_*.rbf found on the SD/USB ; corename_yyyymmdd.rbf - Autoboot first corename_yyyymmdd.rbf found on the SD/USB ;bootcore=lastcore ; uncomment to autoboot a core, as the last loaded core. ; 10-30 timeout before autoboot, comment for autoboot without timeout. bootcore_timeout=10 ; Option to load the custom font. Format is plain bitmap 8x8. ; Supported sizes of font: ; 768 bytes - chars 32-127 (only alpha + numeric) ; 1024 bytes - chars 0-127 ; 1136 bytes - chars 0-141 ; up to 2048 - only chars 0-141 will be used. ; if first 32 chars are empty (for sizes 1024 bytes and more) then they are skipped. font=font/myfont.pf ; USER button emulation by keybaord. Usually it's reset button. ; 0 - lctrl+lalt+ralt (lctrl+lgui+rgui on keyrah) ; 1 - lctrl+lgui+rgui ; 2 - lctrl+lalt+del ; 3 - same as 0 (lctrl+lalt+ralt on keyrah) reset_combo=0 ; !!!! ; Attention: if video_mode is not set in INI, then MiSTer will try to detect ; native mode of display and use it instead. ; Additionally, if dvi_mode is not set (only if video_mode is not set), ; then MiSTer will try to detect if display is DVI. ; !!!! ; set to 1 for DVI mode. Audio won't be transmitted through HDMI in DVI mode. ;dvi_mode=0 ; 0 - 1280x720@60 ; 1 - 1024x768@60 ; 2 - 720x480@60 ; 3 - 720x576@50 ; 4 - 1280x1024@60 ; 5 - 800x600@60 ; 6 - 640x480@60 ; 7 - 1280x720@50 ; 8 - 1920x1080@60 ; 9 - 1920x1080@50 ;10 - 1366x768@60 ;11 - 1024x600@60 ;12 - 1920x1440@60 ;13 - 2048x1536@60 ;14 - 2560x1440@60 ; ; custom mode: hact,hfp,hs,hbp,vact,vfp,vs,vbp,Fpix_in_KHz[,hsyncp,vsyncp] ; example: video_mode=1280,110,40,220,720,5,5,20,74250,+hsync,-vsync ; ; calculated mode: width,height,refresh[,flags] ; example: video_mode=1920,1200,60 ; flags - cvt=CVT timing, cvtrb=CVT-RB timing (default) video_mode=8 ; set to 1-10 (seconds) to display video info on startup/change video_info=3 ; Set to 1 for automatic HDMI VSync rate adjust to match original VSync. ; Set to 2 for low latency mode (single buffer). ; This option makes video butter smooth like on original emulated system. ; Adjusting is done by changing pixel clock. Not every display supports variable pixel clock. ; For proper adjusting and to reduce possible out of range pixel clock, use 60Hz HDMI video ; modes as a base even for 50Hz systems. vsync_adjust=2 ; If you monitor doesn't support either very low (NTSC monitors may not support PAL) or ; very high (PAL monitors may not support NTSC) then you can set refresh_min and/or refresh_max ; parameters, so vsync_adjust won't be applied for refreshes outside specified. ; These parameters are valid only when vsync_adjust is non-zero. refresh_min=0 refresh_max=0 ; These parameters have the same format as video_mode. ; You need to supply both PAL and NTSC modes if you want vsync_adjust to switch between ; predefined modes as a base. This will reduce the range of pixel clock. video_mode_ntsc=8 video_mode_pal=9 ; Provided below are parameters for HDMI color controls. ; The defaults that are set below will result in an unaltered image. ; Brightness, contrast and saturation all can be set to 0 - 100. ; Hue can be set to 0 - 360, observing the HSL color representation. ; Each of 6 (mandatory) values in gain/offset can be set to -2 - 2. ; These 6 values represent gain and offset in order: Rg,Ro,Gg,Go,Bg,Bo ; Example 1: Inverted colors, hue shifted 180 degrees: ; video_hue= 180 ; video_gain_offset= -1, 1, -1, 1, -1, 1 ; Example 2: Slightly desaturated, warm display ; video_saturation= 80 ; video_gain_offset= 1.5, -0.1, 1.3, -0.15, 0.9, 0.05 video_brightness=50 video_contrast=50 video_saturation=100 video_hue=0 video_gain_offset=1,0,1,0,1,0 ; 1-10 (seconds) to display controller's button map upon first time key press ; 0 - disable controller_info=6 ; JammaSD/J-PAC/I-PAC keys to joysticks translation ; You have to provide correct VID and PID of your input device ; Examples: Legacy J-PAC with Mini-USB or USB capable I-PAC with PS/2 connectors VID=0xD209/PID=0x0301 ; USB Capable J-PAC with only PS/2 connectors VID=0x04B4/PID=0x0101 ; JammaSD: VID=0x04D8/PID=0xF3AD ;jamma_vid=0x04D8 ;jamma_pid=0xF3AD ; Disable merging input devices. Use if only player 1 works. ; Leave no_merge_pid empty to apply this to all devices with the same VID. ;no_merge_vid=0x045E ;no_merge_pid=0x028E ; Same as above but can add multiple devices (one entry per VIDPID). Format is VIDPID in hex number ;no_merge_vidpid=0x12345678 ;no_merge_vidpid=0x11112222 ; Permanently assign specific controller to specific player. ; Normally you don't need to use this option, but if you use arcade cabinet with integrated controllers then ; you may want to use it for specific player regardless which controller is used first. ; To assign it, you need to provide unique part of this controller ID. ; In USB debug log you may see list of input devices right after core has been loaded. ; For example: ; ; opened 0( 0): /dev/input/event8 (1915:0040) 0 "7c:10:c9:15:22:33/df:47:3a:12:44:55" "Flydigi APEX2" ; ... ; opened 7( 7): /dev/input/event3 (1997:2535) 0 "usb-ffb40000.usb-1.6/input0" " mini keyboard" ; opened 9( 9): /dev/input/event0 (046d:4024) 0 "usb-ffb40000.usb-1.2/input2:1/4024-19-a2-39-0a" "Logitech K400" ; ; following part is unique identifier in system ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ; So you need to provide part of this string identifying exactly this device. Don't include inputX part as it may change after reboot. ; Wireless devices usually have format MAC/MAC, wired devices use usb-... format. ; ; Example of such unique part of strings: ; ;player_1_controller=usb-1.2/ ;include / at the end so it won't match with something like usb-1.2.3 ;player_2_controller=7c:10:c9:15:22:33/df:47:3a:12:44:55 ;player_3_controller= ;player_4_controller= ; Speeds in sniper/non-sniper modes of mouse emulation by joystick ; 0 - (default) - faster move in non-sniper mode, slower move in sniper mode. ; 1 - movement speeds are swapped. sniper_mode=0 ; Uncomment following option if you don't want to see a second line for long file names in listing. ;browse_expand=0 ; 0 - disable MiSTer logo in Menu core logo=1 ; Custom shared folder for core supporting this feature (currently minimig and ao486 only) ; Can be relative to core's home dir or absolute path. ; Path must exist before core start to use it, or it will fail. ; Make sure USB device is mounted before use shared folder on USB! shared_folder= ; Custom aspect ratio ;custom_aspect_ratio_1=16:10 ;custom_aspect_ratio_2=1:1 ; use specific (VID/PID) mouse X movement as a spinner and paddle. Use VID=0xFFFF/PID=0xFFFF to use all mice as spinners. ;spinner_vid=0x1BCF ;spinner_pid=0x0005 ; spinner_throttle with base value 100 gives one spinner step per one tick. Higher value makes spinner slower. ; Lower than 100 makes spinner faster. Negative value gives opposite direction. ;spinner_throttle=-50 ; 0 - X axis, 1 - Y axis. ;spinner_axis=1 ; Default filters for video scaler. Paths must be relative to "Filters" folder without leading slash. ;vfilter_default=LCD Effects/LCD_Effect_07.txt ;vfilter_vertical_default=<some_file> ;vfilter_scanlines_default=<some_file> ; Default filters for audio. Paths must be relative to "Filters_audio" folder without leading slash. ;afilter_default=LPF2000_3tap.txt ; Defines internal joypad mapping from virtual SNES mapping in main to core mapping ; Set to 0 for name mapping (jn) (e.g. A button in SNES core = A button on controller regardless of position on pad) ; Set to 1 for positional mapping (jp) (e.g. A button in SNES core = East button on controller regardless of button name) gamepad_defaults=1 ; Write out file name under the cursor in browser for external integration ; External application or script may parse the info and do some additional actions and/or send info to 3rd party server. ; Warning: it may slowdown the system or add lag while browsing the files in OSD depending on external app/script. log_file_entry=0 ; Automatically disconnect (and shutdown) Bluetooth input device if not use specified amount of time. ; Some controllers have no automatic shutdown built in and will keep connection till battery dry out. ; 0 - don't disconnect automatically, otherwise it's amount of minutes. bt_auto_disconnect=0 ; Reset Bluetooth dongle before pair dialog. ; Some dongles may have problem to pair if not explicitly reset. ; Some dongles (mostly CSR) have problem to pair with BLE if not reset in advance. ; Consequence of reset: some input devices get shutdown after reset. bt_reset_before_pair=0 ;default Shadow Mask ;shmask_default=VGA.txt ;default shadow mask mode: ; 0 - none, 1 - 1x, 2 - 2x, 3 - 1x Rotated, 4 - 2x Rotated ;shmask_mode_default=1 ; Wait for specific mount before start the core. ; Attention: waiting is performing BEFORE core start, so no message will be displayed on screen! ; It's useful for debugging when core is loaded from USB blaster and games folder is on USB or Network drive. ; This option cannot be used when defmra in CONFSTR is used (i.e. if arcade rbf is loaded directly not through MRA). ; This option is ignored for Menu core. ;waitmount=/media/usb0 ; Overrides for video mode ; When the core's video mode matches the parameters in the section header, any options in the section override options from MiSTer and core sections. ; Refresh rate in header is optional and, if present, must match exactly the output from video_info or the logs. For example, if it says "60.0Hz", the header needs to be "@60.0" to match. ; When the core changes video mode, MiSTer will first look for a matching WIDTHxHEIGHT@VREFRESH section. ; If no match is found, it will fall back to a matching WIDTHxHEIGHT section with no refresh rate. ; If there is still no match, MiSTer/core options will be used without overrides. ; [video=640x400] ; ... ; [video=640x400@70.1] ; ... ; Wheel centering force 0-100. Default is 50. ;wheel_force=50 ; Wheel steering angle range. Supported ranges depends on specific wheel model ; If not set then default (depending on driver) range is used ;wheel_range=200 ; Enable game mode on HDMI output. It may give you better optimization on some displays, but also ; can give worse result on others. Default is 0 (non-game). ;hdmi_game_mode=1 ; Variable Refresh Rate control ; 0 - Do not enable VRR (send no VRR control frames) ; 1 - Auto Detect VRR from display EDID. ; 2 - Force Enable Freesync ; 3 - Force Enable Vesa HDMI Forum VRR vrr_mode=0 ; Minimum framerate in VRR mode. vrr_min_framerate=0 ; Maximum framerate in VRR mode (currently only used in Freesync mode). vrr_max_framerate=0 ; VESA VRR base framerate. Normally set to the current video mode's output framerate vrr_vesa_framerate=0 ; disable autofire if for some reason it's not required and accidentally triggered disable_autofire=0 [minimig] video_mode_ntsc=8 video_mode_pal=9 vsync_adjust=2 ; You can set this to 2 if your display can handle it custom_aspect_ratio_1=40:27 [Amiga] video_mode_ntsc=8 video_mode_pal=9 vsync_adjust=2 ; You can set this to 2 if your display can handle it custom_aspect_ratio_1=40:27 [Amiga500] video_mode_ntsc=8 video_mode_pal=9 vsync_adjust=2 ; You can set this to 2 if your display can handle it custom_aspect_ratio_1=40:27 [Amiga500HD] video_mode_ntsc=8 video_mode_pal=9 vsync_adjust=2 ; You can set this to 2 if your display can handle it custom_aspect_ratio_1=40:27 [Amiga600HD] video_mode_ntsc=8 video_mode_pal=9 vsync_adjust=2 ; You can set this to 2 if your display can handle it custom_aspect_ratio_1=40:27
mrchrister

Unread post by mrchrister »

I concur with Jim P. Fictional! This is a great curated list of Amiga games!

HerrBerzerk

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

SaschaFFM wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:39 am

I downloaded the Amiga Vision and it works flawlessly via HDMI.

Where did you dl it? The download link goes to old mega ags releases in archive.org for me???

SaschaFFM

Oh I am sorry, I downloaded via the link and you are right , it is just Mega AGS. My Problem is therefore with Mega AGS and not with Amiga Vision - but it is still a problem for me ;-)

Could not find anything helpful yet.

Someone im here git it working with 15khz CRT?

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

Yes, I pretty much exclusively use it with 15kHz CRTs. Double check your INI file settings, SoG, etc. AmigaVision/MegaAGS does not do anything to change analog output, it works as with any other core.

(I assume it’s highly unlikely that you have a rare CRT that handles 50hz but not 60hz — we default to 60hz for the launcher)

FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

Amiga 50hz timings seem pretty wacky in terms of producing an image way off-center compared to PAL consoles but I gather that is true to original hardware. You adjust your CRT to match the Amiga experience, but it probably won't look great for most other cores. You can use the scaler to push a 240/270p? resolution to your CRT and control the centering yourself, but then your HDMI side won't be so nice on flat panel.

In theory something like Jotego's CRT positioning options might be very nice for this core. But of course someone with the skills has to want to do it!

Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

FoxbatStargazer wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:41 am

Amiga 50hz timings seem pretty wacky in terms of producing an image way off-center compared to PAL consoles but I gather that is true to original hardware. You adjust your CRT to match the Amiga experience, but it probably won't look great for most other cores. You can use the scaler to push a 240/270p? resolution to your CRT and control the centering yourself, but then your HDMI side won't be so nice on flat panel.

In theory something like Jotego's CRT positioning options might be very nice for this core. But of course someone with the skills has to want to do it!

Different picture positions with different hardware were normal back in the 1980s. Every CRT Monitor had controls to move the picture and change the size. It was different when you used a TV with SCART, no options where present there. But that was the exception, TVs were meant to be used with RF not RGB or Composite (at least here in Europe).

SaschaFFM

I have attached an HDMI-Monitor in parallel to be able to see what is thrown at the CRT. From the the video-info pop up the MiSTer outputs it is 1280x720 at 15.63KHz / 59.4Hz. HDMI is at 1920x1080 and working fine. The resolution is obviously too high for my CRT (Sony PVM).

I have uploaded the /config files again from my download of the collection as well as everything that went into /games/amiga. Should be at the defaults there. I can see the boot-up screen of the Amiga just fine on the CRT. Only when workbench is displayed I get the resolution from above.

HerrBerzerk

Chris23235 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:33 am

TVs were meant to be used with RF not RGB or Composite (at least here in Europe).

Well, I made a apprenticeship back then, and in my memories, in the late eighties and the nineties, RGB over Scart and Composite over scart was already there for many TVs, video recorders and cameras, at least here in europe. RF was early eighties and before.

SaschaFFM

So I guess this is some kind of configuration inside the workbench. Will try to find where to set the resolution to something that my CRT can handle

SaschaFFM

I managed to get it to work now by setting the resolution to some PAL-mode within the workbench. It is working fine now. Sorry for being a noob ;-)

Chris23235
Top Contributor

HerrBerzerk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:09 am
Chris23235 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:33 am

TVs were meant to be used with RF not RGB or Composite (at least here in Europe).

Well, I made a apprenticeship back then, and in my memories, in the late eighties and the nineties, RGB over Scart and Composite over scart was already there for many TVs, video recorders and cameras, at least here in europe. RF was early eighties and before.

Yeah in the late 80s and early 90s it was. But the Amiga was introduced in 1985 and back then RGB over Scart wasn't this widespread in TVs. Commodore sold a TV modulator for the Amiga (A520 TV) and Atari introduced a whole ST line with built in RF modulators (ST-M).
Of course TVs accepting RGB/composite inputs existed when these computers where launched, but they weren't widespread back then (TVs weren't upgraded rapidly in the 1970s/1980s).
From my experience using RGB on an Amiga meant most of the time using a dedicated Monitor.

HerrBerzerk

SaschaFFM wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:12 am

So I guess this is some kind of configuration inside the workbench. Will try to find where to set the resolution to something that my CRT can handle

On my mega ags workbench, I have a menu entry for video resolutions and for tv, I have to use the smallest one... might bei 320x240 or something like this. I don't have it in front of me right now, if you don't find it, let me know, I will look it up for you.

HerrBerzerk

Chris23235 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:30 am

From my experience using RGB on an Amiga meant most of the time using a dedicated Monitor.

Yes, concerning early computers and video games you are absolutely right. They were all RF. I think the first console I remember with an officially available scart cable was the SNES, but I might confuse that...

Chris23235
Top Contributor

HerrBerzerk wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:51 am
Chris23235 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:30 am

Yes, concerning early computers and video games you are absolutely right. They were all RF. I think the first console I remember with an officially available scart cable was the SNES, but I might confuse that...

The Master System had a DIN connector called AV out and according to the manuial of the Master System II revision the french version was equipped with a Scart cable out of the box

https://www.manualslib.de/manual/640112 ... e=4#manual

So my guess is the first iteration of the SMS was also sold with a RGB cable in France.