Manually Add Cheats?

Kasatiger

Manually Add Cheats?

Unread post by Kasatiger »

I'm trying to find a way to manually add gameshark codes to a GBA rom hack (pokemon unbound). There site has a complete list of cheat codes related to their rom hack but I cant for the life of me figure out how to manually add them.

I tried looking through the cheat.zip files related to other games, they are filled with .gg files, that i assume are the individual cheats but i cant figure out how to even view them let alone edit them.

Are there any tools out there that will allow me to build these files to add to the rom hack?

thank you in advance.

12characters

Re: Manually Add Cheats?

Unread post by 12characters »

You can manually edit .gg files in a hex editor. The format is described on the wiki: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Wiki_Mi ... -own-codes.

I am not aware of any available tool to automatically convert gameshark code to MiSTer cheat format although gamehacking.org must use one in the background since it provides cheats in MiSTer format alongside many other formats. However, the site lets you decrypt a gameshark code to raw format that you then manually can convert to MiSTer format.