Recommendations for INI settings for PVM 20l5?

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Dcyrax

Recommendations for INI settings for PVM 20l5?

Unread post by Dcyrax »

Just recently started messing around with the X68000 core and was surprised to see my PVM 20l5 go into High Resolution mode. I usually just play consoles so this is my first time with a computer core but was happy to see my PVM 20l5 could display both console and computer. However I noticed some Shadows around various sprites , some blurriness and shakiness. Think this might be due to the refresh rate of the x68000 clashing with my PVM 20l5. Does anyone run the X68000 core simultaneously with console cores and have any recommended INI settings to get the best picture from both?

FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Re: Recommendations for INI settings for PVM 20l5?

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

The analog output of the x68000 is a little shaky in general. On a VGA monitor the 512p modes there's a slight waviness to the alternating lines. The only way for a user to "fix" it is the ugly, frightening world of vga_scaler which few want to descend into, because it basically means you have to provide the resolutions yourself instead of letting the core do it.... and the x68000 can get pretty crazy with the resolutions it supports.

akeley
Top Contributor

Re: Recommendations for INI settings for PVM 20l5?

Unread post by akeley »

These settings (and the ones in a thread linked there) used to work somewhat for 15kHz - not 100% 1:1, but better than nothing (depending on a game). But it's been a long time since I've tried them myself and I think the latest updates might've broken that.