Problems with MiSTer Ironclad mt32-pi Hat and ao486 Cores

dpezet

Problems with MiSTer Ironclad mt32-pi Hat and ao486 Cores

Unread post by dpezet »

I'm running into an issue and I'm not sure which part of my setup is the issue so I thought I would start here. I have a Mister FPGA setup using the Mini-ITX Ironclad Plus board from d3fmod. When I hook up an external mt32-pi to the user I/O port it works perfectly fine in the standard ao486 core. I tested it with King's Quest VI and everything works great. I also have the mt32-pi hat from d3fmod that lets you mount the mt32-pi inside your case using the second user I/O port. On d3fmod's site he states:

The mt32-pi internal hat uses the secondary user i/o port so, for now, it needs modified cores to work

And he points to two different places to get the cores depending on which page you are on:

https://github.com/MiSTer-Enhanced/Dist ... /_Computer
https://github.com/antoniovillena/2ndus ... r/releases

I have tried all four of the "plus" cores he linked to and none of them work. When launched, all video output from the Mister is disabled and I cannot bring up the on-screen menu. I can still SSH in, so it isn't locked up, it just isn't outputting video. Do any of you have experience with these "plus" cores? Is there a trick to getting them to work? Do they require a different BIOS? I also noticed that their file size is significantly smaller than the normal ao486 core, so maybe there is something wrong. I would appreciate any suggestions you all have. Thanks!

Newsdee
Top Contributor

Re: Problems with MiSTer Ironclad mt32-pi Hat and ao486 Cores

Unread post by Newsdee »

dpezet wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:17 pm

I also noticed that their file size is significantly smaller than the normal ao486 core, so maybe there is something wrong. I would appreciate any suggestions you all have. Thanks!

Make sure to download with "view raw" or you may have downloaded an html file instead (you can open it with a text esitor to check)

dpezet

Unread post by dpezet »

That was it. I redownloaded and it works fine now. I was using wget so I didn't even notice the HTML download. Thank you!

werpu

Unread post by werpu »

Any chance that the cores will be adapted so that we can switch between the ports?
Every time a core is updated this needs to be repatched in as far as I can understand!

dpezet

Unread post by dpezet »

I haven't heard of any new work on this. I actually switched back to my external mt32-pi even though I have a fully functional mt32-pi hat inside my unit.

Solskogen

Unread post by Solskogen »

MiSTer-enhanced?

werpu

Unread post by werpu »

@sorgelig ? Any chance we can get the patch into the cores?