Unread post by juandyzz »

Where we can find the mister version?

HerrBerzerk

Re: SCUMMVM

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

juandyzz wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:28 am

Where we can find the mister version?

https://github.com/bbond007/MiSTer_Scum ... ScummVM.sh

you have to download the script, put it to your scripts folder in mister and execute.

juandyzz

Unread post by juandyzz »

Thank you very much!!!!

roc

Unread post by roc »

Many thanks for the update!

HerrBerzerk

I did a new Mister installation and copied the ScummVM Folder over from the old installation.

No i have a very strange errror where only in Sierra games, the mouse and keyboard inputs are very slow. It takes 5 to 10 seconds until a button press or mouse click will do something. On Lucas games it is working fine.

I ran the install scummVM script again but that did not remove the error. Can I completely uninstall Scumm somehow? Is it just deleting the Scumm directory or are there other files involved?

HerrBerzerk

HerrBerzerk wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:22 pm

No i have a very strange errror where only in Sierra games, the mouse and keyboard inputs are very slow. It takes 5 to 10 seconds until a button press or mouse click will do something. On Lucas games it is working fine.

While I was trying things yesterday, I started testing some older versions of ScummVM and everything was working fine and after going through all available scripts, everything was suddenly working fine again with 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7.

TuKo

Unread post by TuKo »

I can't get simon2-cd-fr to work with 2.7.0. Anyone is able to ?

HerrBerzerk

TuKo wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:08 pm

I can't get simon2-cd-fr to work with 2.7.0. Anyone is able to ?

can only tell for the cd-de version, that is working for me. Though it does not have full speach, mostly text.

Kamil

Unread post by Kamil »

Is it possible to run 800x600 games on SCUMMVM Mister?
Thanks.

bbond007
Top Contributor

Unread post by bbond007 »

Kamil wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:29 pm

Is it possible to run 800x600 games on SCUMMVM Mister?
Thanks.

You can copy your launch script to a new file,
ie. copy ScummVM_2_7_0.sh to ScummVM_2_7_0_800x600.sh
then edit the "vmode -r 640 480 rgb16" line:

Code: Select all

echo "Setting Video mode..."
#vmode -r 640 480 rgb16
vmode -r 800 600 rgb16

hope that helps.

Kamil

Unread post by Kamil »

Thanks, I'll try.

bbond007
Top Contributor

I updated my repo with the following:

• 2.7.1-Unstable

https://github.com/bbond007/MiSTer_ScummVM

uli

Unread post by uli »

I am currenty building a MiSTer based on the Irconclad ITX. It will have an mt32-pi connected to the second User IO slot. Other Cores need to be compiled specifically to use this 2nd Port.
My question: As I understand ScummVM is basically using the Menu core, do I need a special version of the menu core to get mt32 sound in ScummVM with my setup?
Thanks

bbond007
Top Contributor

uli wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:35 pm

My question: As I understand ScummVM is basically using the Menu core, do I need a special version of the menu core to get mt32 sound in ScummVM with my setup?

The MIDIMeister driver (which ScummVM uses) can optionally transmit the raw MIDI data over network UDP to the mt32-pi, however to have the sound piped back to the MiSTer you'd still need a special menu.rbf.

https://github.com/bbond007/MIDIMeister/

EDIT:It seems that the Ironclad people do provide a menu.rbf.

Hope that helps...

I wonder where they get the extra IO for the "2nd Port"? Perhaps it could be from the SD-card slot which is less relevant now.

uli

Unread post by uli »

Thank you bbond007 and man I feel a little bit stupid. I should have checked the download file from the Ironclad people to see that they include a menu.rbf...

The second user IO is also provided in the Antonio Villenas MiSTer Plus which is also providing a second SD card slot. It looks it comes from "somewhere else".
https://antoniovillena.es/store/product/seconduserio/

Anyway as soon as I got all my parts for the Ironclad I will test ScummVM with the 2nd User IO mt32-pi and will report back here.

gambleboyen

Unread post by gambleboyen »

Are the games required to be on the same storage unit as the ScummVM script directory, or can they be put in a games folder on an external drive?

bbond007
Top Contributor

gambleboyen wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:43 pm

Are the games required to be on the same storage unit as the ScummVM script directory, or can they be put in a games folder on an external drive?

I recommend installing ScummVM program to the default location /media/fat/ScummVM but you can install the games wherever you'd like including (but not limited to) external and network drives.

gambleboyen

Unread post by gambleboyen »

bbond007 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:00 pm

I recommend installing ScummVM program to the default location /media/fat/ScummVM but you can install the games wherever you'd like including (but not limited to) external and network drives.

Thanks!

seastalker

Unread post by seastalker »

gambleboyen wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:01 pm
bbond007 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:00 pm

Thanks!

bbond007, you may remember that Mister is my fave way to play ScummVM games. Thanks again! :) Something messed up after some updates so I am trying manually with 2.7.1 and my "ScummVM 2.1.0 'Electric Sheep' Complete Collection" of games. I had to disable CIFS mount to my RetroNAS drive in order for ScummVM to even load, and the THEMES were at the default dark screen. I now have 2.7.1 installed on my SD card and used WinSCP to copy the install directory to act as a backup on the RetroNAS drive directory. Now when CIFS is mounted, I don't get an error loading. It just gets confusing knowing if the ScummVM launch scripts are trying to load locally from SD or remotely from RetroNAS networked drive. Is there an option or .ini setting to address this?

Old settings are remembered and my Complete game list, but they are greyed out (mapping is wrong).

The paths no longer 'see' USB1 and if I browse or try to mass_add games, all USB devices are empty directories. I can't seem to navigate within ScummVM to the networked drive anymore.

bbond007
Top Contributor

seastalker wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:05 pm

I now have 2.7.1 installed on my SD card and used WinSCP to copy the install directory to act as a backup on the RetroNAS drive directory. Now when CIFS is mounted, I don't get an error loading.

If RetroNAS is mounting at "/media/fat" then its hiding the actual "/media/fat". So that would be like maintaining two separate systems as far as cores, settings, updates, etc... I personally don't like that approach(confusing like you say) and at the very least would change the mount point to "/media/fat/games".

Be aware that the library files ScummVM uses use symlinks (for the libs) and I don't trust WinSCP is going to recreate those correctly. Unfortunately, I think you'll end up with a bunch of duplicated libraries. Running Install_ScummVM.sh again should fix the symlinks.

It just gets confusing knowing if the ScummVM launch scripts are trying to load locally from SD or remotely from RetroNAS networked drive. Is there an option or .ini setting to address this?

SCUMMVM_HOME_DIR defines where the scummvm bin and libs going to be loaded from.

[/media/fat/Scripts/ScummVM_2_7_1.sh]

SCUMMVM_HOME_DIR="/media/fat/ScummVM"
SCUMMVM_LIB_PATH="${SCUMMVM_HOME_DIR}/arm-linux-gnueabihf:${SCUMMVM_HOME_DIR}/arm-linux-gnueabihf/pulseaudio"

Old settings are remembered and my Complete game list, but they are greyed out (mapping is wrong).

The paths no longer 'see' USB1 and if I browse or try to mass_add games, all USB devices are empty directories. I can't seem to navigate within ScummVM to the networked drive anymore.

I'm really confused if you are trying to use a network drive or USB drive, but I guess it does not really matter...

The scummvm.ini file (located in $SCUMMVM_HOME_DIR/.config/scummvm/) contains absolute paths to each game added. If those paths have changed then those games need to either be removed and readded, which can be tedious with a large collection, or you can manually edit scummvm.ini to correct the paths.

Hope that helps.

seastalker

Thank you bbond007! Ultimately I have everything running greatly again, including MT-32 pi working. I basically deleted my ScummVM folders completely on both my SD card and RetroNAS and reinstalled onto the SD card ONLY. I also created a 'ScummVM' directory within 'games' on the RetroNAS to avoid accidental deletion of games/saves/icons- basically all needed things that don't come with ScummVM.

I updated my games to a complete 2.6 collection.

**Question to all - In earlier pages in this thread, the Roland UM-ONE mk2 is mentioned in reference to the MT-32 pi:
https://www.roland.com/us/products/um-one_mk2/

I am confused how this is a suggested product to connect the Mister and MT32 pi. My pi has no midi ports... maybe there is an alternative pi-hat? I do have a MiST FPGA with midi ports and wondered if this cable might be good for cores there.

shaitan

Unread post by shaitan »

I feel like I am overlooking something very simple. How do I define a custom location for the games folder? I have ScummVM installed at the default location on /media/fat but I have my games on my NAS located at /media/fat/games/ScummVM.

edit: nm, I was trying to configure prior to launching the first time, I see where that's set now. Although it's not finding my games that are zipped up so I'll need to learn a bit more on what ScummVM needs. It has been a LONG time since I last used it.

bbond007
Top Contributor

shaitan wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:40 pm

Although it's not finding my games that are zipped up so I'll need to learn a bit more on what ScummVM needs.

You'll need to extract the zip files:

https://docs.scummvm.org/en/latest/help ... p-archives

bbond007
Top Contributor

seastalker wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:43 pm

**Question to all - In earlier pages in this thread, the Roland UM-ONE mk2 is mentioned in reference to the MT-32 pi:
https://www.roland.com/us/products/um-one_mk2/

I am confused how this is a suggested product to connect the Mister and MT32 pi. My pi has no midi ports... maybe there is an alternative pi-hat? I do have a MiST FPGA with midi ports and wondered if this cable might be good for cores there.

You don't need it if you are using the MIDIMeister driver.

This device would allow you to connect your MiSTer (or modern computer) to a real MIDI module such as MT-32, Sound Canvas, Yamaha, etc... It is a great product and well worth it over cheaper (and possibly less compatible) alternatives.

Some people have mt32-pi configs with alternative pi-hats, and maybe they are using that approach to connect which was an option that existed prior to MIDIMeister driver and the corresponding menu.rbf updates.

seastalker

Ah! I get it now. I think I forgot the bi-directional nature of MIDI.

BTW, I've been enjoying the latest Scumm version SO MUCH!! Thank you again!!

RealLarry
Top Contributor

Unread post by RealLarry »

It's not officially announced, but looks like that ScummVM already went to v2.8.0 the last days - and brave @bbond007 already did, too!
Let the games begin! 🍻

Contributor of tty2oled, author of tty2tft, tty2rpi and update_tty2xxx
bbond007
Top Contributor

RealLarry wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:44 am

It's not officially announced, but looks like that ScummVM already went to v2.8.0 the last days - and brave @bbond007 already did, too!
Let the games begin! 🍻

I started compiling the branch-2-8 (pre 2-8-0) earlier this month in prep for the upcomming branch-2-8-0 so I could work out any build errors and test if it worked properly, however I did not make it the default (just added bins and scripts to the repo)

2-8-0 is now the default version that will be installed, so I guess this is the official announcement :)

The 2-8 branch is now pre-2.8.1

I'll periodically continue to build branch-2-8, but it won't be made the installer default.

Schuetze1111

Unread post by Schuetze1111 »

Hello everyone!I'm trying to set up scummvm in full screen and 4:3 on my 4k monitor. I managed full screen, but always 16:9. Currently I have a resolution of 640 x 480.

SnakeCoils

Unread post by SnakeCoils »

Hello to you all,
I am having an issue with my MisterFPGA setup installed on a IronClad Plus when running ScummVM, at present the 2.7.1 version (the most recent the Install script downloaded).
The problem is that I have an internal 2TB HDD installed where almost all the game/system files are placed, I have followed the guides to recreate the directories to be correctly recognized by various cores and it works flawlessy. Except for ScummVM because a strange behaviour of my setup at boot.
Sometimes the internal HDD is seen as usb0 and sometimes as usb1, and since the present ScummVM core use absolute path, when the Mister wake up with the wrong foot it does not find the games anymore because the absolute path.
The ideal solution (for my setup, of course) would be ScummVM acting as all the other cores where they simply scan the connected devices looking for a directory structure they can recognize but in the meantime how I can solve the problem of an erratic HDD assignement?
The HDD is connected to the internal USB port of IronClad via an USB-eSATA bridge (the HDD is powered by the internal SFX PSU) while the external ports are plugged with following devices:

• BT/Wifi 802.11 dongle
  • Amiga Mini mouse replica
  • Simulant Amiga keyboard
  • Amazon USB powered speakers

Many thanks in advance! :-)

bbond007
Top Contributor

SnakeCoils wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:24 am

The ideal solution (for my setup, of course) would be ScummVM acting as all the other cores where they simply scan the connected devices looking for a directory structure they can recognize but in the meantime how I can solve the problem of an erratic HDD assignement?

Right now when I build ScummVM I have a script that downloads whatever branch specified, adds a MiSTer target option to the configure script, compiles and finally updates my MiSTer_ScummVM repo. It is all very automated and very reliable. I don't modify the .cpp source files, and don't want to start doing so (especially to compensate for flaky edge-case behavior).

My idea is to create a script (ScummVM_Drive_Fixer.sh) which will locate the ScummVM games and then create a symlink "/tmp/ScummVM_GAMES" so that the games can by located in a consistent location. Modify ScummVM_2_7_1.sh to call this script. If you have a lot of games, you can edit ".config/scummvm.ini" and use a search and replace to update the path rather than reinstall each game individually.

ScummVM_Drive_Fixer.sh

#!/bin/bash
TMP_SCUMMVM_GAMES_DIR="/tmp/ScummVM_GAMES"

#remove existing symlink if exists. 

if [ -d  "$TMP_SCUMMVM_GAMES_DIR"  ] 
then
	echo "Removing existing symlink --> $TMP_SCUMMVM_GAMES_DIR"
	rm  $TMP_SCUMMVM_GAMES_DIR
fi

#find ScummVM games and create symlink.

for SCUMMVM_DRIVE in "USB0" "USB1" "USB2" "USB3" "USB4" "USB5" "USB6" "USB7"