Settings Don't Save...

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Sparkoids

Settings Don't Save...

Unread post by Sparkoids »

Got a new Mister setup with SD from scratch and the same issue has arisen which is driving me nuts.

Am I missing something that saves the settings for each game please.

When I set up controls and scanlines for individual games they are not saved when I change cores and exit that game even though I save the settings. I know the settings are working because high scores get saved OK but not scanlines etc.

neogeo81

Re: Settings Don't Save...

Unread post by neogeo81 »

That is super strange. Can you check in your config folder if you have save files for those settings for that core in there?

Sparkoids

The files are in there with for example 1941_scaler.cfg has Scanlines - Standard/Scanlines_70.txt but no scanlines in game despite that...

12characters

Unread post by 12characters »

Is it an issue exclusively with arcade cores or with console cores as well? The example 1941 is a game for CPS1 which is one of Jotego's unofficial arcade cores. Have you tried arcade cores from other developers?

Sparkoids

Yes I am on Jotego's Patreon but it doesn't work on any core such as the Megadrive or the Playstation.

Sparkoids

One thing. On Insector X there are three config folders but only the scaler one has data in it. Could it be that they need to direct the core / game to the correct folder from there?

Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

Worth checking the SD card. Some cards refuse to write if they are fragmented or corrupted. See if it still happens with a fresh SD card.