MiSTer Favorites - Menu Shortcuts for Your Cores and Games

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
wizzo
Scripting Wizard

Re: MiSTer Favorites - Menu Shortcuts for Your Cores and Games

Unread post by wizzo »

Jimiga wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:20 am

I've just tried copying the script across again. For some reason my old file was 33k and the new one is 512, so there's a difference - but I now see an actual error when I run it - screenshot attached.

Thanks!

Oh well this one is an easy fix. Looks like you downloaded the source viewer page on github not the script itself. Easy mistake!

Download this instead: https://github.com/wizzomafizzo/MiSTer_ ... vorites.sh

werpu

Unread post by werpu »

Does this work also for starting shell scripts? I would love to place ScummVM, BasiliskII etc... in a more games like section instead of having to go to the scripts folder to access them!

wizzo
Scripting Wizard

Unread post by wizzo »

werpu wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:43 am

Does this work also for starting shell scripts? I would love to place ScummVM, BasiliskII etc... in a more games like section instead of having to go to the scripts folder to access them!

Unfortunately no there is currently no way for that to work in this script. I am actively looking for workarounds though because I'd love to have support for this. Big SCUMM fan.

Gekiganga

Unread post by Gekiganga »

Hello,

I have a couple of questions.

I understand that to create the shortcuts I need to do it from the script, but... the folder structure within favorites and the directory names and the same shortcuts, can be modified directly on the sd card from a pc? Or do you have to do everything also using the script to make it work properly?

On the other hand, I have seen that for each directory I create, the script creates a "cores" directory with all the arcade cores. Is this necessary? What function does it have?

Thanks for the script, it's excellent!

wizzo
Scripting Wizard

Unread post by wizzo »

Gekiganga wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:03 pm

Hello,

I have a couple of questions.

I understand that to create the shortcuts I need to do it from the script, but... the folder structure within favorites and the directory names and the same shortcuts, can be modified directly on the sd card from a pc? Or do you have to do everything also using the script to make it work properly?

On the other hand, I have seen that for each directory I create, the script creates a "cores" directory with all the arcade cores. Is this necessary? What function does it have?

Thanks for the script, it's excellent!

Glad to hear it's working well for you!

Go for your life and move files around, that's not a problem at all. There are only 2 things to keep in mind:

• If the directory in the top of the SD card doesn't have "fav" somewhere in the name, it won't show up in the script. This has absolutely no impact on mister itself browsing and launching though.

• The cores folder, as you noticed. This is a shortcut back to the _Arcade/cores folder. It's only necessary if you're launching arcade cores from that folder. If there are no arcade core shortcuts in the folder, feel free to delete the cores link. It should be safe to move it around too.

Hope that helps!

Gekiganga

Unread post by Gekiganga »

Perfect!
Thankyou 😉

heinzgruber

Unread post by heinzgruber »

hi,
Shortcuts doesn't work with the new Mega Drive core Nuke-MD: i've already copied my roms to the correct folder (Games\Megadrive) for this core but when i set and than start a favorite only the core starts and the game don't.