Irem M72 Core on HDMI

Bernouilli

Irem M72 Core on HDMI

Unread post by Bernouilli »

Did anyone manage to get irem M72 work to work on HDMI using the scaler?

All I get is 2 or 3 bright lines on the screen but the game starts, I can hear the sound. I tried different games such as r-type and r-type II and got the same the result. The osd isn't available once the core is launched, or at least it doesn't show because of the display problem.

dcubed

Re: Irem M72 Core on HDMI

Unread post by dcubed »

The Irem M72 runs its games at 55.02hz. Most likely your TV isn’t compatible with that refresh rate.

Try changing the Vsync Adjust settings in your MiSTer ini (to vsync_adjust=0), that will force the MiSTer to output at your TV’s native 60hz refresh rate (at the cost of some occasional stuttering and additional input latency).

The core itself does actually allow you to change the games’ native refresh rate to 50hz, 57hz or 60hz in the OSD; so once you can get into it, you can then adjust the core settings to output at a more compatible speed and switch your Vsync Adjust settings back if you so wish.

Hope that fixes the issue for you!

Bernouilli

Unread post by Bernouilli »

Thanks a lot. That was the problem, I had vsync_adjust=1. I did what you suggested and set the refresh rate to 60 in the core and then put back vsync_adjust to 1.
Now it works fine at 60 hz.

dcubed

Unread post by dcubed »

Awesome! Glad you got it sorted :)