Ultimate Daemon Triple NES Controller Issues

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
SilvaHaloOne

Ultimate Daemon Triple NES Controller Issues

Unread post by SilvaHaloOne »

Hello,

I recently purchased a couple of the Ultimate Daemon Triples from UltimateMiSTer, and I can't get the NES ports to work with any of my controllers. SNES and 9 pin db controllers work fine. I have 5+ genuine NES-004's and a NES Advantage, none of them would work. There would be times when I was in the joystick configuration portion of the menu trying to configure the buttons and there would be a phantom press of something getting me past the "press right on the dpad" portion, but I could not decipher a pattern behind this and could never get beyond that. Any advice or ideas? Any known issues?

Thank you!

--SilvaHaloOne

rickdangerous

Re: Ultimate Daemon Triple NES Controller Issues

Unread post by rickdangerous »

Hello. Will check what's the model of my controller. All units are tested in every ports before shipped.
You tested several gamepads in both daemons I've sent and non work?

Kind regards
Ricardo

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt

SilvaHaloOne

Re: Ultimate Daemon Triple NES Controller Issues

Unread post by SilvaHaloOne »

Hi Ricardo,

Hey, so to be clear, all 9-pin and Super Nintendo controllers I have plugged into both Daemons work fine, but none of my OEM NES controllers seem to work in the NES ports of either of the Daemons. I decided to do more troubleshooting and plugged both the Daemons into a Windows 11 Computer and found something interesting. Of the 6 NES controllers I tried, only one of them got any response at all, and with only one of the Daemon's. It correctly detected a press of "up" on the dpad, but then when I would press "B", it would show that I was pressing buttons 1,2,9 and 10 at the same time, but nothing when I pressed anything else. All of the pads are NES-004, the "NES Advantage" I tried didn't work at all either. Very strange.

I feel like I am getting my money's worth with the 9pin and SNES controllers working correctly, so if there is any troubleshooting I can do that doesn't involve sending anything back, please let me know and I'll be glad to do it.

Thanks!

--SilvaHaloOne