eXo/Flynn Top 300 DOS Pack Updates (Updated to 2.0.2 MyMenu) and Support

HerrBerzerk

Re: eXo/Flynn Top 300 DOS Pack Updates (Updated to 2.0.2 MyMenu) and Support

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

I can try them this evening if they work here.

Can anyone try Command&Conquer? Here, after playing for 5 Minutes or so, the cursor gets stuck on the side of the screen and you can not click anything.

HerrBerzerk

heinzgruber wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:05 am

all games i mentioned aren't marked as incompatible. i've checked this in the old menu (exit MyMenu with Esc and then type tdl for the old menu).

Checked all games and confirm they are not working. I guess for Indy and some others, it is just a configuration problem with the bat files, but I'm not smart enough to fix it.

flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Unread post by flynnsbit »

Indy just needs C/MS enabled in the core to get sound (It's a creative music system game). I'm not sure about the others and I wont have any time to fix them for a while.

heinzgruber

Unread post by heinzgruber »

HerrBerzerk wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:53 pm

Checked all games and confirm they are not working. I guess for Indy and some others, it is just a configuration problem with the bat files, but I'm not smart enough to fix it.

thanks for checking. lets hope that someone can fix it with an config update in the near future.

nymous

Unread post by nymous »

I got same problems with some games as other folks on this thread. For example, System Shock used to work before, but after recent update it just says file doesn't exists and exits. I guess something isn't properly changed in my layout, should I redownload the pack?

werpu

Unread post by werpu »

Wing Commander 2 no sound, any ideas?
Hi does anyone have this problem. I guess it is somewhere in the ini settings to be fixed.

Update: found at least an indication: viewtopic.php?p=13942&hilit=wing+commander+2#p13942 I will give a direct setup a shot (aka change the config)

Krathoon

Unread post by Krathoon »

It sounds like the old version of ao486 works better with this for some weird reason. That may be why there was an old one on my Mister.

Krathoon

Unread post by Krathoon »

Stonekeep will not start for some reason. Might as well use DOSBox on a PC.

M.Walrus

Unread post by M.Walrus »

If you're like me and using an SD Card for your MiSTer, you can save a lot of room by deleting games that are broken in this pack, as it seems they likely won't have fixes any time soon. You can save 12GB+ by removing the CD images, and if you want to clear up some room on the .vhd for custom game installations, removing some of the larger disk games that aren't working may help also.

I made a list of them here & included CD directory names for ones that aren't as easily identifiable:

--CD
Constructor
Death Rally
Discworld 2 (dw2)
Flight Unlimited
Gobliiins (gob1)
Gobliins 2 (gob2)
Heroes of Might & Magic 2
Lands of Lore - Guardians of Destiny (LLGD)
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Del other Mortal Kombats also- handled better by other cores)
NASCAR Racing 2
Oddworld
Pro Pinball - Big Race USA (PPBigRac)
Rayman
Rayman Forever
Scorched Planet (ScoPlan)
Star Trek Judgement Rites Collectors Edition (stjudgec)
The Incredible Machine 2 (TIncM2)
WipEout

--Disk
King's Quest 2 Fan Remake
Railroad Tycoon Deluxe
Shadowgate
Troddlers
The Chessmaster 3000
The Oregon Trail Deluxe
Ultima 2
Wizardry 6
Wizardry 7

If/when any of these are fixed it should be pretty easy to just replace them at a later date from the original pack.

anderen2

Unread post by anderen2 »

HerrBerzerk wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:59 am

I can try them this evening if they work here.

Can anyone try Command&Conquer? Here, after playing for 5 Minutes or so, the cursor gets stuck on the side of the screen and you can not click anything.

I had the same issue with C&C Red Alert, seems to occur when using keyboard and mouse at the same time. If you only use them separately/one at a time (eg. no Ctrl-clicking etc) it works. Managed to complete the Allied campaign without issues then.

I thought it might have something to do with the USB->PS2 adapter I use, are you using something similar too?

HerrBerzerk

anderen2 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:08 am

I had the same issue with C&C Red Alert, seems to occur when using keyboard and mouse at the same time. If you only use them separately/one at a time (eg. no Ctrl-clicking etc) it works. Managed to complete the Allied campaign without issues then.

I thought it might have something to do with the USB->PS2 adapter I use, are you using something similar too?

Hi, no, previously I used a Logitech unified dongle and at now I'm using Bluetooth for both. Happens anyhow.

That it only happens when using both is a good finding. On the other hand, C&C is barely playable without combination clicking, isn't it?

RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

Anyone ever figure out how to get sound out of Wing Commander 2? I got working, but still not getting any sound out of it.

RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

RalphJB wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:07 am

Anyone ever figure out how to get sound out of Wing Commander 2? I got working, but still not getting any sound out of it.

I found the answer from Flynn, himself, on his github.

"Sound config for WC2 not working when referenced from the origin2 folder. Work around, add the wc2.cfg file to E:\GAMES\WINGCOMC\WC2DLX\CD\WING2"

This fixed it for me. I took the wc2.cfg from the origin2 folder and added it to the wing2 folder. Now I have full MT32 sound.

RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

Hi all,

Now having an issue for some games where I'm getting an error message that the CD isn't found. This has happened for Discworld 1 and 2, as well as for Wing Commander 3 and 4. I see that the CD's are there in their appropriate directories, but I keep getting that error message. Any ideas?

djpoppy

Unread post by djpoppy »

It's probably the issue with the iso noted in this post:
viewtopic.php?t=7099

RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

djpoppy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:03 am

It's probably the issue with the iso noted in this post:
viewtopic.php?t=7099

That makes sense, since it appears to be only iso images that this happens with. Other cd games seem to work fine and they used to work fine last year. I'll wait for next public stable build before playing these games. Thanks!!

Captain FPGA

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

Hey guys! Noticed the title on this topic changed to (Updated to 2.0.2 MyMenu) I would like nothing more now to switch those games over from TDL to MyMenu. I suppose this would mean I wouldn't need TDL anymore and am glad to dump it for the new and improved launcher. That said I appreciate what the TDL had to offer and am ready to move on

So how does the transfer work? I'm not at all tech savvy when it comes to this core and had a ton of help setting up the original Top300TDL. Something tells me on this one I'll need all the help I can get. But I really want this for my Mister. What must I do to get it set-up? In Laymen's terms

Dreams don't die!
djpoppy

Unread post by djpoppy »

I ask for your help in changing the language of The secret of monkey island from English to Italian. It is already present on the CD ISO, but the script in the various options only has English. How can I do?

RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

To all those who don't know, the core has been fixed to read ISO's again. All the games in the pack that have ISO's will now work once again. Whether or not they'll run well is a different story as the hardware itself is still limited. Duke Nukem 3D crashes hard in the first level for me, for instance. But that's fine. The hardware and core are what they are and I'm just glad that most of these gems works as well as they do. Most of the tougher-to-run games have console ports that run well enough on the playstation, saturn, and n64 cores. So, I'll just use the console versions for those games that don't run well on the 486 core.

johns123

Unread post by johns123 »

Is the update servers still active? I went on main github page tried to type in addresses to update the pack 404 not found?

metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

Im trying to set this up (my 1tb sd card snapped in half so ive had to goto an external hard drive for bigger files).

I have put everything in the external hard drive folder /games/a0486 but ive also just tried in /a0486

The drive is working, my playstation and saturn games are working from the external hard drive okay but when i try to run the pc core it cant find the disk images, could someone point me in the right direction to get it running?

akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

It's ao486, to start with ;) (the letter "o", not zero)

metalfacemark

akeley wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:22 pm

It's ao486, to start with ;) (the letter "o", not zero)

Well that sounds like a good place to start :lol:

metalfacemark

So that does now indeed show up the images - ive updated to the latest version with update all, however i cant get the image to load. Ive redownloaded the boot vhd but it wont boot up when i load the core.

flynnsbit
Top Contributor

metalfacemark wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:51 am

So that does now indeed show up the images - ive updated to the latest version with update all, however i cant get the image to load. Ive redownloaded the boot vhd but it wont boot up when i load the core.

Your bios files are probably old in your ao486 folder. download the ones from the mister repo manually https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/ao486_M ... r/releases

boot0 and boot1

metalfacemark

Thank you, that worked 😊

grocarlito

Unread post by grocarlito »

Hi !

Thanks for the amazing work.
I installed and upadted successfully the 300 games.

I have noticed that Phantasmagoria is not included in MyMenu, is it on purpose ?

So I switch back to tdl to launch Phantasmagoria, and I played the first chapter (so many memories ^^).

I have a problem when I tru to access the second chapter, the game asks for the second CD, so I load the second one with the osd menu. I press OK in the game: then an introduction video plays and the game suddenly quit to tdl …

Any ideas why ?

RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

grocarlito wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:36 pm

Hi !

I have noticed that Phantasmagoria is not included in MyMenu, is it on purpose ?

So I switch back to tdl to launch Phantasmagoria, and I played the first chapter (so many memories ^^).

I have a problem when I tru to access the second chapter, the game asks for the second CD, so I load the second one with the osd menu. I press OK in the game: then an introduction video plays and the game suddenly quit to tdl …

Any ideas why ?

How far are you able to get in Duke Nukem 3D? Does it crash for you?

flynnsbit
Top Contributor

grocarlito wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:36 pm

Hi !

Any ideas why ?

No, Not on purpose. I probably missed it in the conversion from Total DOS Launcher to MyMenu. I'll add it to my list when I have some time. I've never made it to the second CD on the game and you seem to be switching it correctly so it could be many things. I would try mounting the second CD and browsing it in dos to make sure it is actually mounting correctly.

I'm just now getting back to having some free time to work on things like this so hope for some fun things in the future. At least between now and the new year.

johns123

Unread post by johns123 »

Am i being a complete nonce here when it comes to updating the pack? I've edited the .ini file to cover my path for ao486 VHD file and i'm still getting this:

My ini file is edited though to remove the games part and still not being recognised

Attachments
IMG_20231015_093631954.jpg
IMG_20231015_093631954.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 5266 times