Sonic delta 40mb romhack

Brettster

Re: Sonic delta 40mb romhack

Unread post by Brettster »

ExCyber wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:32 am I guess I wasn't especially clear, but when I said "next release", I meant the next release of Genesis_MiSTer, which hasn't happened yet. Here's a .rbf for those who don't want to wait.
Working beautifully now, thank you :)
Arcade, Video Game and Tech Junkie
PikWik

Unread post by PikWik »

oh wow
i was lurking in this thread, hoping this would be a thing someday

looks like its today!
Zesty

Unread post by Zesty »

Awesome that this got fixed so quickly!
mario64

Unread post by mario64 »

Has this fix been merged? I just tried it and get the mapper error on startup and no sound in game
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

The latest version of the Mega Drive (Genesis) core in MiSTer as of today is Genesis_20200701, which means it is from July 1, before ExCyber posted his custom RBF build. So, get the RBF above if you can’t wait — if not, it’ll probably be part of the main distribution eventually.
mario64

Unread post by mario64 »

Ok thank you
Lisko

Unread post by Lisko »

Hi, I know that sounds a bit lame but... Has anyone a code for unlimited continues/lives?
Neto

Unread post by Neto »

Lisko wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:30 pm Hi, I know that sounds a bit lame but... Has anyone a code for unlimited continues/lives?
When you lost all lives and continues. You can load the last played level with 3 lives from Save Select Menu. And you can get extra lives entering on bonus stages through lamppost. Hitting a lamppost with 20 or more rings allow you to play a bonus stage where you can get extra lives.

I can't provide a "Game Genie" code, because the game is current in development. And the code will be invalid due to data shifting after a new build is released.
Neto

Unread post by Neto »

CountBloodHelio wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:05 am A few bugs I've encountered while playing the game:
1. Hyper dashing as Hyper Sonic in Sand Shower Zone near badniks or monitors crashes the game.
2. Entering and exiting debug mode as Miles in Sonic 1's special stage crashes the game.
3. When the Sonic 1's special stage is enter from the level select, exiting the special stage by either start+a, touching a goal block, or touching a life icon sends the player to Hidden Palace Zone instead of the title screen.
4. In Labyrinth Zone act 3, I entered a bonus stage on the last checkpoint and reentered the stage which temporally filled the screen with water, which caused me to lose my flame shield. Don't know if this happens in any other zones though.
5. There is also an area in Metropolis Zone act 1 right after the bottomless pit section that Knuckles can't do because the blocks are too high. There might also be other areas that Knuckles can't do because of his lower jump height, but I did not check.
6. Tails can carry Knuckles into Sonic's areas in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which can cause problems.

Also, just a suggestion, but can you add some rings to Sonic's final boss fight in Sonic and Knuckles. It sucks having to fight the boss with no rings after dying. Knuckles already has rings for his final boss and you've added rings to the Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 final bosses.
And also, can you make it so the timer stops after beating a boss like in Sonic 3 & Knuckles instead of having the timer stop after opening the animal capsule like in Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.
Thanks, for playing and reporting issues, but I think this is not an appropriate place to do, because this forum is specific for reporting MiSTer issues.

The better place is https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php ... 0mb.39203/ or you can contact me through email.

Best regards:
--------------
Neto.
mario64

Unread post by mario64 »

ExCyber wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:32 am I guess I wasn't especially clear, but when I said "next release", I meant the next release of Genesis_MiSTer, which hasn't happened yet. Here's a .rbf for those who don't want to wait.
@Sorgelig can we please get this merged?
johhenrik

Unread post by johhenrik »

mario64 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 am @Sorgelig can we please get this merged?
It has been merged, just not a new release built.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Genesis ... 048969d4e0
mario64

Unread post by mario64 »

johhenrik wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:33 am
mario64 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 am @Sorgelig can we please get this merged?
It has been merged, just not a new release built.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Genesis ... 048969d4e0
Perhaps I used the wrong term but the point is this needs to be made available to users officially.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Unread post by Moondandy »

Is there a reason this hasn't made it into main? Is this something where Sorg hasn't seen it and needs a nudge?
mario64

Unread post by mario64 »

Moondandy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:31 am Is there a reason this hasn't made it into main? Is this something where Sorg hasn't seen it and needs a nudge?
At this point I think it's safe to say Sorg doesn't want this code in Main. There's no other explanation.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Unread post by Moondandy »

He could have just missed it, the posts about the broken MS FM sound option sat broken for months until it was pointed out to him.
dshadoff
Core Developer

Unread post by dshadoff »

This went into the repository; it's just that a new release wasn't made yet.
Sometimes full releases aren't made just for a small change - either waiting for more updates in order to bundle them up, or a sys change is coming but hasn't made it to this core yet.