Space and Enter Not Mapping Correctly

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
misterrocks

Space and Enter Not Mapping Correctly

Unread post by misterrocks »

I got two 1-button keyboards to function as COIN1 and COIN2. One of them sends a Space keypress and the other sends an Enter keypress:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CLBDYSS

MiSTer lets me map COIN to the one that sends Space but pressing it after that doesn't add a credit. I've tried several cores. Any idea what could be in the way there?

MiSTer doesn't let me map COIN to the one that sends Enter because Enter stops the MiSTer button remapping process. Is there any way around that so I can map to Enter?

ItalianGrandma

Re: Space and Enter Not Mapping Correctly

Unread post by ItalianGrandma »

Does mapping space button on a regular keyboard to "Coin" work? If not, I would try deleting your config files for the core you're mapping and try again.

Also, you might want to map that button in the main MiSTer menu before entering a core. I would think since it's just a single button that you could map it to whatever you want in the main menu.

As for the button that sends an "Enter" press, I'm not really sure what you can do there other than to see if you can somehow configure that button to send a different keypress (Maybe on a PC?).

JayRockets

Unread post by JayRockets »

I'm having a similar problem. I mapped a bunch of hotkeys to a wireless numpad so I wouldnt need an entire keyboard just for a handful useful functions. my keys for opening the mister menu, taking screenshots, saving and loading, and everything else works just fine, but whenever I setup a controller and need to hit space to leave undefined, or enter to end, it just doesnt work. the keys are being registered in input test.

JayRockets

Unread post by JayRockets »

Okay I tested further and the remapping was setup correctly. Same key codes are being displayed in Input Test's Advanced screen, but remapped keys simply don't work when setting up controllers. That utility completely ignores remapped keys.