Multisystem MT32-Pi Expansion Cartridge

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
emiliom

Multisystem MT32-Pi Expansion Cartridge

Unread post by emiliom »

I finally got my Pi Zero 2 W a few days ago and today soldered it onto the MT32-Pi expansion cartridge PCB, put the cartridge together and plugged it in to my Multisystem. I'm not getting any further than that though so I have a couple of questions.

1) Is the cartridge screen supposed to come on at all when the Multisystem starts up? Mine is blank.
2) Should I be able to run the MT32 installer script with the SD card in the cartridge and have the MiSTer detect it? It's my understanding that the MT32 installer checks the USB ports for a connected SD card, but the expansion cartridge connector is connected to USB7, so it should show up. Is that right?

Missus

Re: Multisystem MT32-Pi Expansion Cartridge

Unread post by Missus »

You need to run the SD card prep/installer either via the mister with a sd > usb adapter or on a PC. Then you insert it into the pi soldered into the cartridge adapter and boot up.

The mister cannot read the sd card slot of the pi

emiliom

Unread post by emiliom »

Ah, ok. Thanks. :)

emiliom

Unread post by emiliom »

Yep, that's all installed now. Just used an adapter and plugged it into one of the Multisystem USB ports then ran the MT32 installer script. The Multisystem seems to be seeing the expansion cartridge just fine now.

Cheers.